BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 11-22-2017, 03:03 PM
ovahdryve ovahdryve is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 32
Default Dropping protein to create bigger deficit?

At what point does not getting the required 1g per lbs of lean body mass of protein start to become an issue?

Is 1 week really going to effect muscle loss, when in a cut?

Basically, I'm stuck at about 12% now because I've been lazy i.e basically keeping the deficit large Mon-Fri but f*cking up on the weekends drinking etc.

Anyway, I feel I can lose 2% in a month with an extreme deficit and to get rid of those extra calories was thinking of dropping my protein down to say 0.8g per lbs of lean body mass.

Thoughts? I hate drinking my protein shakes anyway, and they barely satiate me so if I can drop some cals from protein whether a short / extended period of time I'd love to be able to do so...

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 11-22-2017, 03:18 PM
squat squat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 783
Default

I'd quit alcohol, first.

I'd say reducing protein from shakes is the laziest solution you could come up with.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 11-22-2017, 03:52 PM
ovahdryve ovahdryve is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 32
Default

Hopefully someone else can provide a more valuable post then the POS I just wasted 5 seconds reading.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 11-22-2017, 04:09 PM
patriots2 patriots2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovahdryve View Post
Hopefully someone else can provide a more valuable post then the POS I just wasted 5 seconds reading.
Try it out see what happens. Have been dieting too with your suggested allocation to protein. Even have fasted a few days.

Theoretically, you know itís not optimal, but youíre never losing fat without a deficit.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 11-22-2017, 05:17 PM
squat squat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovahdryve View Post
Hopefully someone else can provide a more valuable post then the POS I just wasted 5 seconds reading.
Five seconds to read, and maybe forever to understand. depends on you.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 11-22-2017, 08:40 PM
Liberty's Avatar
Liberty Liberty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
I'd quit alcohol, first.

I'd say reducing protein from shakes is the laziest solution you could come up with.
Feel free to waste another five seconds reading my agreement with this.
__________________
My log: All I Want For Christmas is RFL By The Book
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 11-22-2017, 09:28 PM
w1cked w1cked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,809
Default

Hm this idea is somewhere in the continuum between retarded, ketarded and Menno'ed.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 11-22-2017, 10:43 PM
Liberty's Avatar
Liberty Liberty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 253
Default

And going from 1g/lb to .8g/lb is going to save you, what, 100, 150 calories per day? If you're already blowing through your M-F deficit every weekend, that's not exactly going to give you the upper hand back.
__________________
My log: All I Want For Christmas is RFL By The Book
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 11-23-2017, 12:23 AM
BigPecsPeter BigPecsPeter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,275
Default

This is dumb.

Drop calories from elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 11-23-2017, 01:48 AM
Determinism Determinism is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovahdryve View Post
At what point does not getting the required 1g per lbs of lean body mass of protein start to become an issue?

Is 1 week really going to effect muscle loss, when in a cut?

Basically, I'm stuck at about 12% now because I've been lazy i.e basically keeping the deficit large Mon-Fri but f*cking up on the weekends drinking etc.

Anyway, I feel I can lose 2% in a month with an extreme deficit and to get rid of those extra calories was thinking of dropping my protein down to say 0.8g per lbs of lean body mass.

Thoughts? I hate drinking my protein shakes anyway, and they barely satiate me so if I can drop some cals from protein whether a short / extended period of time I'd love to be able to do so...

Cheers
Although I agree with everyone here, I'll try to make a few constructive points:
- Never ever reduce protein intake if sparing LBM is most important. Protein is by far the most important macro in terms of LBM.
- In fact, the lower your BF% gets the more protein you need. You even may consider increasing it.
- If you need a large deficit for a long time just for a few pounds, you may be dieting for too long. If so, take a 2 week diet break to reset your hormones and become more efficient at losing fat again.
- Look alcohol consumption just doesn't work when trying to get lean, especially long term. If you REALLY want to keep drinking, follow the guidelines of Martin: http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/tru...nd-muscle.html
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.