BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-10-2014, 12:56 PM

Default SCheduling: balanceing school, gym, cooking/eating

School semester is about to start; I would like input as to which schedule would be better to achieve better balance between school and gym

9.30-10.30am-gym
11am-335pm-school
4pm-back at apartment/cook
5pm-eat
12-sleep

pros: more time after school
cons:will ability to focus in school/class be affected?might be hungry during class; rushing in the gym to get through workout

0r

11am-335pm-school
4-5pm-gym
5.30pm-back at apartment/cook
6.30pm-eat

pros: less need to rush in the gym; can prep food in morning so might be able to save time when i reach home; can sleep later since i can wake up later
cons: less time after school to study; tiredness=affect gym performance

trying to figure out if i should hit the gym before or after classes; since I dont carry food with me(dont really have time to preprep and wash up),

thanks
Unread 01-10-2014, 01:22 PM

Either way you cut it, it's a 6.5 hour day. I think the answer is that 6.5 hour days don't qualify as needing to be 'balanced' because there's 17.5 hours remaining to do with as you please. So probably either option is just as easy to deal with as the other.

What are your thoughts about texting in class, btw?
Unread 01-10-2014, 01:37 PM

Wake up earlier, or do a 3x/week split so you can focus on training those evenings and life stuff the other ones.

I'm biting down a caustic comment to you here, as are probably a few people, but the reality is that you currently enjoy an absolutely disgusting amount of free time compared to what adult life has in store for you. Many people on these boards balance full-time careers, family, social life, adult responsibilities, and hobbies with their fitness pursuit.

Not saying this to be a condescending bummer, just something to keep in mind if you ever start feeling stressed over balancing only two (relatively pleasant!) things - this is not an issue that will ever go away, so learning effective time management now will serve you well in the future.
Unread 01-10-2014, 02:46 PM

OP, time to put your education to work and engage in some independent testing, analysis, reassessment and execution.
Unread 01-10-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist View Post
Either way you cut it, it's a 6.5 hour day. I think the answer is that 6.5 hour days don't qualify as needing to be 'balanced' because there's 17.5 hours remaining to do with as you please. So probably either option is just as easy to deal with as the other.

What are your thoughts about texting in class, btw?
texting in class=literally hitler.
Unread 01-10-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
texting in class=literally hitler.
You have to watch out for the grammar Nazis.