BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-15-2018, 07:10 PM

Default First time running UD 2.0 - Help veterans

Hello

This will be my first time running UD 2.0, there are a few things i do not quite understand as i have gone through the book and other books from lyle over and over and there seems to be a bit of a contradiction?

Firstly, its mentioned to do a 50% deficit. I want to do more, my maintenance is around 3000 and thus i would like to lower it all the way down to 800-1000. This is because i believe that it will yield more fat loss which is my primary goal. I do not want to get contest shape or very lean, just pound away some fat and get asap into bulking so i will only do 4 weeks of UD 2.0

I also came to this calorie number because of RFL where i ran this same protocol and got really nice results. Also in keto book lyle mentions that there is a threshold for metabolic drop which occurs around 1200 calories. Is that the reason that lyle recommends 1200 as a minimum for UD 2.0? But then the question arises, why are people encouraged to go for 800-1000 on RFL.

Can someone also help me with constructing a 8 day cycle for UD 2.0? I got no life except lifting and wanna do it a bit more efficiently. Again, i need to get back to bulking asap hence the finding small tweaks to improve fat loss even further. Lyle mentions that you do 4 days of dieting with 2 days of carb loading and 2 days of variable eating in the 8 day cycle. What is the benefit to a two day carb load compared to a 36 hour one? I think duchaine's theory was debunked about supercompensation but lyle sacrifices some of it in an attempt to get back to 100% glycogen stores and then power workout.

The 8 day cycle would let 48 hours which would give complete supercompensation and the power workout would be even better causing more muscle retention. Should i aim for lower carb per lbm on carb load days and eat at deficit at variable dieting days if my goal is PURELY fat loss.

Guys i know this is a long post and it would be a lot better to just do RFL again but i cannot get into the grove for dieting for so many days. I can diet for 3.5 or 4 days knowing i can stuff my face. Sorry i know i need to fix my eating disorder but i'm clueless as to how to optimize UD 2.0 for even better fat loss. Usually i'd run things by the book but lyle gave variations and encouraged to experiment as long as the main principles were the same. Experienced people, how should i go about optimizing this?
Unread 11-16-2018, 12:30 PM

I'm no expert, so you can save judgment for those that have more authority - in particular Lyle's word. I would say that UD2 is not RFL. There's a component of protein sparing modified fast, but RFL seems to be oriented around doing the bare minimum workouts to maintain muscle - whereas UD2 has horrible depletion work.

Lyle posted a while ago a 14 day UD2. It'll probably give you an idea of modifying the official plan.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showp...35&postcount=6
Unread 11-16-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn233 View Post
Firstly, its mentioned to do a 50% deficit. I want to do more, my maintenance is around 3000 and thus i would like to lower it all the way down to 800-1000. This is because i believe that it will yield more fat loss which is my primary goal. I do not want to get contest shape or very lean, just pound away some fat and get asap into bulking so i will only do 4 weeks of UD 2.0
That's answered in the UD2 Addendum. You can do the RFL in the low carb days.
Unread 11-17-2018, 12:02 AM

I wouldn't mess with UD2 if you've never done it before. Nobody's going to do that for you. Seriously, it's a pain to set it up, especially when you want to change everything.

My UD2 experience was losing 1# per week, but I was much smaller, then.

But yeah, maintenance on the weekends, lower calories on diet days... honestly, you might lose strength from the diet/depletion phase if you don't carb up right at the end of the week.
Unread 11-17-2018, 06:43 AM

I'd second squat's recommendations. If you have disordered eating patterns a restrictive cycle followed by a massive overfeeding might cause more issues than worth.
Unread 11-17-2018, 11:34 AM

I think RFL would be better suited for you, I'm running UD2 and it has taken me 3 weeks to fine tune things, I'm still trying to perfect my carb up.

Maybe do RFL style through the week then maintenance/slight deficit cals on the weekend?