BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-25-2013, 11:59 AM

Okay, i have started using this stuff at 8mg ED. I thought i can report my experience, and make mini-updates here.

My experience so far, i have been using GW1516 for 5 days now. One noticeable side effect is extreme hunger around 30-40 min after taking my dose. This is strange, since PPARδ are thought to modulate appetite in positive way. However i found that most the appetite suppressants reports come from from rat studies, while a study done or a rat, shows very different effect of this drug on body composition and insulin sensitivity. Reference: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20538899

Unfortunately, most studies done on human in vivo were performed by GlaxoSmithKline, and the data were not released to the public. So im not sure how this stuff will impact my insulin response. I found on other forum, that cyclist reported the hunger problem after taking GW1516. Im sure that its, the sole reason for my hunger pains, because its always happen directly after taking my dose.

Another interesting observation is that i noticed fluctuation in water retention. I usually read my weight, and take BIA reading with same level of hydration everyday. My BF reading with the BIA show a great variation, more than the norm. I also noticed that gained 3 lb of water weight during these 5 days, while keeping the same caloric deficit! My BF measurement using the caliper/skin fold test remained the same; which confirms that i have gained few pound of water weight. I also noticed the following: more frequent urination, trouble sleeping , more sweating, heat rash after workout (Miliaria crystallina, not sure if its caused by the drug). All are very mild in severity i would say.

Now the positive effect: The cardio effect

I usually run a mile in 10 min with 168 heart rate. This morning i ran a mile in 9:05 with 159 heart rate. This is significant for me since my cardiovascular performance didn't change in the last 3 months or more. This might be a placebo effect, but its very exiting nevertheless. i will keep monitoring my progress for the next month.
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:17 PM

Update:

Im around the same weight today. The sides from the GW1516 are the same. Yesterday i was thinking that my experience with this this stuff is similar to entering ketosis for the first time. Low, energy, fogginess, bad breath!! and added extra hunger. I can only speculate why (increase in fatty acid oxidation in favor of glucose!), not sure. I think i maybe taking a large dose and need to lower it. My workout are the same so far.
Unread 01-24-2015, 05:45 PM

Did you continue this experiment?
Unread 01-24-2015, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Unread 05-04-2017, 11:33 AM

There was a new article on this GW1516 out this week:

Quote:
Management of energy stores is critical during endurance exercise; a shift in substrate utilization from glucose toward fat is a hallmark of trained muscle. Here we show that this key metabolic adaptation is both dependent on muscle PPARδ and stimulated by PPARδ ligand. Furthermore, we find that muscle PPARδ expression positively correlates with endurance performance in BXD mouse reference populations. In addition to stimulating fatty acid metabolism in sedentary mice, PPARδ activation potently suppresses glucose catabolism and does so without affecting either muscle fiber type or mitochondrial content. By preserving systemic glucose levels, PPARδ acts to delay the onset of hypoglycemia and extends running time by ∼100 min in treated mice. Collectively, these results identify a bifurcated PPARδ program that underlies glucose sparing and highlight the potential of PPARδ-targeted exercise mimetics in the treatment of metabolic disease, dystrophies, and, unavoidably, the enhancement of athletic performance.
http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/...131(17)30211-5
Unread 05-05-2017, 12:25 AM

I there any study on humans?