BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-07-2017, 05:36 PM

Move to an asian country (not China) where everyone is much shorter and has a smaller frame than you. Or be born with 7"+ inch wrists and a huge frame.

That's about the best you can do short of taking roids.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 05-08-2017, 08:19 AM

I think the key word in your post is "10% or below". I'm uncertain if you're saying 9% or a stupid low number like 6%/7%.

Based on the body composition I've achieved, I'd say yes it is possible to reach the holy grail, ripped & appear to lift. One aspect I've noticed, the more muscle that can be created, the less need going down to a really low body fat. Also, I suppose ones definition of ripped can vary a little bit.

I've been taking this seriously for about 2 1/2 years, mind you before that I trained(If you can call it that) just like your typical gym goer. And during those 2 1/2 years I've been able to get myself to about 170/171lbs, 5'8 and an estimated 12%-13%. Now mind you, I have no desire to reach a 7% number or even compete. However, I feel I can re-comp my body down to say 10%/11%, keep the mass, and I know for a fact when I'm shopping in the grocery store, the stares I can get are certainly the holy grail aspect, atleast to me. Even right now at 12/13, the stares are there. When I had less mass at 10%, I had veins shooting through my arms. I can only imagine what those veins look like at 10% with more mass.

The challenging natty part for me, is dropping that last 2%-3%. I feel (And maybe I'm wrong I dunno) this needs to be done in arguably a painfully slow manner. Atleast for me, this is how I've learned what works best for my body, with the goal to be to maintain, not yo-yo up and down.

Now, what's your definition of "street clothes", a giant sweatshirt or a nike shirt? Baggie jeans, or a pair of shorts? Fitted vs non fitted? Etc...

Lastly, I personally think there is a difference between looking ripped/appear to lift vs just looking obvious that someone is taking drugs. I understand those two aspects can be looked at as two extreme ends.

Last edited by JackMan017@aol.com : 05-08-2017 at 08:26 AM. Reason: I'm 5'8 not 5'9