BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-07-2017, 08:07 AM

Default 39 F - 140s by 5/26

So I discovered RFL back in the fall of 2015 and made it about 2 weeks with not great compliance, starting at 167 and ending at 163. Was super impressed by the slight progress I saw when I really stuck to it -- but seriously did not have the discipline to stick with it. (original thread here: http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=31134)

Fast forward to today and I'm about 10 pounds lighter than I was when I stopped, not from any diet, just from keeping up my healthy workout habit (I lift and do cross training about 4 to 5 times a week) and generally trying to eat right. Things that haven't gone well: I still struggle with extreme anxiety, which mostly manifests itself at night. I've developed an evening drinking habit that's keeping the pounds packed on. I used to drink red wine but switched to beer and will have 2 or 3 a night. Not good. A friend of mine gave me some edible THC candies that worked wonders for me in the evening and made me not want to have a drink at all but they're not legal in my state and aren't something I can get my hands on regularly.

Anyway, I'm looking into hypnosis apps and I am in therapy but just throwing out the drinking as an issue I need to overcome and something that's absolutely contributing to me being overweight. I'm still way heavier at 156 pounds than I was before I went on anti-anxiety medication (which I'm off now, and very grateful for being off of). Before I went on them I was 146. I'm actually most comfortable at 140.

Psychologically, just being in the 140s would be huge. I have a wedding coming up over Memorial Day Weekend where I'll be seeing people I haven't seen in years. I'd love to get to 149 by then. I'm not sure what my plan is right now. Definitely not RFL, but I may do something like a steak + eggs (with greens) diet for 4 days and a cheat day on the 5th day, leading up till the 26th.

Even just waking up and logging my weight here, and journaling would probably be a step in the right direction.

Stats: Female, 39, 5'7
1st Diet Starting weight: 167
2nd Diet Starting weight: 157
Goal by 6/14: 149
Unread 05-07-2017, 09:07 AM

Hiya.

Read your entry and the similarities made me smile.

150ish here too and would really like to be more like 145, though I haven't managed to hold onto that.

Also have a wedding to go to Memorial Day weekend. We know the groom. Maybe you are a friend of the bride?

Good luck.
Unread 05-11-2017, 09:01 AM

Thanks for the note Holly! Memorial Day Weekend is such a popular time for weddings, I'm guessing we'll not be at the same one but that would be so funny if we were! At the same time, I'm loathe to give too much away because there are a few things that I'm going to mention in my posts about my personal life that I'd like to keep private (as well as, I'm going to begin experimenting with medicinal amounts of THC, which is not legal in my state without a prescription). It will be helpful for me to have an anonymous journal here in that regard. I'm sure you get it!

I'm going to follow along on your journey as well!

Unread 05-11-2017, 09:13 AM

So I decided I'm basically going to ease into a low carb diet, and try and gradually cut back on drinking, maybe even do the whole Steak + Eggs thing somewhat strictly the week before Memorial Day Weekend.

I started yesterday with upping my protein and fats and lowering my carbs. Ditched the beer and had 2.5 glasses of red wine. Went hard with a 45 min workout at the gym with sandbags and KB lifting. Sore today and taking today off.

I was 157 yesterday and 156 today.

I had a little bit of steak for breakfast; have a steak salad for lunch; and have a work happy hour thing that involves a raw bar, so that should be lower or no carb. I'll try and go high protein for dinner.

Also started making a thc-tincture that I'd like to try to help abate the drinking in the next week though I'm always afraid of getting paranoid (I'm a lightweight ironically when it comes to cannabis). I did a bunch of math and weighing things but it's hard to have an exact science lab in your kitchen.

I don't know if 149 is realistic for me by Memorial Day but I'm going to keep writing about it for motivation and to head in the right direction.

Unread 05-11-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupisaidit View Post
Thanks for the note Holly! Memorial Day Weekend is such a popular time for weddings, I'm guessing we'll not be at the same one but that would be so funny if we were! At the same time, I'm loathe to give too much away because there are a few things that I'm going to mention in my posts about my personal life that I'd like to keep private (as well as, I'm going to begin experimenting with medicinal amounts of THC, which is not legal in my state without a prescription). It will be helpful for me to have an anonymous journal here in that regard. I'm sure you get it!

I'm going to follow along on your journey as well!
Super unlikely it would be the same wedding, just amusing.

You can get a medical prescription to purchase MJ here and there is a ballot supposedly coming up to legalize. I've read that one variant in particular can be helpful w/ADD, but it isn't anything I've seriously considered.

Have been thinking of trying some kind of medication again; it's just that I generally hate to take stuff.

Only anti-depressant that really worked for me long term (trazadone) helped me sleep (known to help with that w/ADD), which was great. I gained 60 pounds in a year though which wasn't so great.

Just low carb/low cal here right now. And I want to eat all the food. I'm not going to. I just want to...all the food.

Realistically I can't fit ALL of it; feeling willing to try though.
Unread 05-20-2017, 05:32 AM

Default 6 days to go

So for the past 10 days I've been having some good low carb days and trying to cut back on my red wine before bed habit by using a light THC tincture I made in an herbal tea.

One day I did a pretty serious steak and eggs only thing and the next day I was down to 153.5, which is my lowest weight in 2+ years. It was really exciting. Then a super social weekend happened and I was back up to 157.

I've been eating low carb for the past few days and am back down to 155. I have 6 days to go till the wedding. I have a baby shower today where I'm eating at a restaurant but plan to really keep the weekend reigned in so that I don't see a Monday "bump."

Might seem silly to aim for losing 5.5 pounds of what's essentially water weight in such a short period of time (and for some people, that'd be super easy to do) but I'd love to for a bunch of psychological/motivating reasons. I've always in my adult life been a 130s/140s person until the past 2 years (save for my one pregnancy, and even then I only got up to 172). I've been putting off losing weight for far too long, and I'd love to get to this mini-goal and then set some longer term ones.

My own foil in this plan is hormonal/time of the month issues that may coincide with my weigh in day but if I'm eating lower carb I'm hoping the bloat/water weight won't be as much of an issue. Fingers crossed.

Unread 05-21-2017, 08:52 AM

Default 5 Days to Go

Well, yesterday went hilariously wrong. Wasn't given food at the restaurant until 2pm after not eating much in the morning in order to save some calories for the meal. I was so hungry by the time our first course of CHIPS and guacamole came. Ate way too much at lunch and then had a giant piece of cake and the stupid thing is I don't even have a sweet tooth! It just tasted too amazing. Oh yes, and margaritas.

I couldn't even bring myself to weigh myself this morning, that's how off the rails I was yesterday.

Anyway, today I have a spin class planned and have prepped myself with eggs for breakfast. Aiming for a healthy lunch post-class, and some kind of steak for dinner.

If I can be at 155 again tomorrow I'd even be happy.

Unread 05-22-2017, 03:39 AM

Default 4 Days to Go

Well, I'm 155 today, so that's good.

I was only lower-carb yesterday (I had some crackers at one point with cheese and one beer).

With TOM coming exactly on my weigh in day (Friday) or after, the scale will be up a few pounds (I'm clockwork like that).

Realistically my goal is now just getting to 153 or below -- that would be my lowest weight in 2 years since I started at 176 or so and I would be happy about that. Stretch goal is 149.5.

Plan for today is simple: Gym class at 630am, pack in the protein and avoid refined carbs.

Unread 05-27-2017, 06:30 AM

Hi.

Sitting in a hotel breakfast room drinking up all their weak as hell coffee. Last night the rehearsal dinner was at a super loud busy BBQ place where we didn't get served until nearly 9 PM. Wedding is from 1 to 9 PM today.

Hope everything is going well for you.
Unread 05-31-2017, 11:26 AM

Default 140s by ?

Thanks Holly. Hope your wedding went well! I actually weighed in the morning that I left at 154.5 but promptly got my period right after I got on the scale. Which was hilarious timing. I consistently carry 3 to 4 pounds of water weight (I'm clockwork with my cycle and water retention) on the first day of my cycle, so my "regular" weight would have been anywhere from 150.5 to 151.5, which I would have been over the moon about.

I felt great at the wedding though and my outfit looked good, so there's that. If I hadn't been trying to lose weight (water or otherwise) I would have been in the high 150s, which would have felt pretty bad, so I'm actually happy with how things turned out, despite me not being very disciplined and the hormonal timing.

I'm back from my trip now and will weigh in tomorrow. Had a 6+ hour flight and ate vacation-mode style but am eager to start a new goal of getting into the 140s soon. Writing here and logging my weight really does help, even if that's all I do! (Although I'm thinking my plan is to continue to work out, and attempt to eat lower carb/higher protein and drink less.)