BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-10-2017, 02:00 AM

Wasn't sure whether to start a new log as the title is somewhat out-of-date now but I thought I'd keep it all together for my records.

Diet Break Summary
- Ate a lot
- Trained a lot
- Ate more

The diet break was well needed and a welcome change. The first week I stuck to maitnenance -10% (3000-3300cals approx.) before loosely tracking for 7 days and ending the break of with my GF's birthday celebrations which consisted of food, drink & more food.

According to my scales I am up at 235lbs this morning but that is extremely bloated and had some stomach issues this weekend which probably hasn't helped (TMI).

4 Week Cut - Week 1

The plan is roughly a take on UD2.0. Due to work constraints throughout the next month I will not be able to rigidly stick to UD2.0 but am interested in some of the principals. 2 depletion workouts, a tension workout preceding the carb load & power workout following it.

Diet will be around 50% of maitnenance Monday - Friday (AM) before starting the carb load Friday PM on to Saturday and maintenance on Sunday. Carbs under 30g, protein around 200g and fat somewhere near 100g. Not sure if this will put me in ketosis but I'm not too concerned about that.

Purposeful cardio will be done fasted in the morning after taking cl*n. Starting at 20 minutes and adding 10 mins per session each week. A few months back I purchased a spin bike so now have the convenience of being able to do it without leaving the bedroom.

Daily activity will be as always; a minimum of 10k steps and hoping to increase it towards 15k this time round.

According to the basic maths, my deficit should put me at 2lbs of fat loss per week (not accounting for thermogenic boost).

Will post before and after pics at the end of the 4 weeks.
Unread 04-18-2017, 01:53 AM

Week 1 Summary

Training
-Depletion workouts are fairly horrendous
-Tension workout went well
-Power workout was great. Felt strong and was good to lift some heavy weights.

Diet
Found it fairly easy to stick to the diet Monday to Friday. For some reason I do well on low calorie, low carb periods and can thug it out and find the energy to still walk 15k steps and lift when required.

The carb-up went ok. Hit about 1100g of carbs. In reality my fats were a bit high (thanks to a chinese takeaway) but I woke up on Sunday feeling leaner and fuller so I'll call it a success. Sundays diet which was supposed to be at maintenance went a bit awry due to it being Easter and receiving a bounty of chocolate treats which I decided to eat.

Progress
Scale weight is down nearly 8lbs, 2 days after the refeed. I didn't take any waist measurements but going by how my trousers are fitting, I have lost at least half an inch as my brand new trousers are loose already (win/fail??). I had a comment that my stomach had disappeared in a week, so that's always a bit of reassurance that the physical changes are real.

Started Week 2 off with a 18km walk on 1700 calories which wasn't much fun and got my 30 mins fasted cardio done today. Not going to change a thing Mon-Friday but the refeed will be a lot more controlled this week with much less fat.
Unread 04-24-2017, 01:57 AM

Week 2 Summary

Training
- Depletion workouts are still tough
- Tension workout went fine
- Power workout was pretty much non-existent due to attending a wedding and drinking too much

Diet
Diet days were fine. Pushed calories a little bit lower with seemingly no loss in strength or LBM. The carb-up was ok but had to guesstimate my intake due to the aforementioned wedding.

Progress
Low weight of the week was 220.2 which has matched my "all-time" low whilst dieting. I full expect to drop well into the 21X's this week.

This week I will keep diet day calories low but drop fasted cardio as it was reducing my sleep hours which wasn't optimal. For me it is far easier to drop 150 calories from my intake than burn them on a spin bike.

Nothing really of much interest to note but I am half way through my 4 week plan and really loving the results I am seeing! I am under no illusion that I will be shredded in 4 weeks but I am leaner than ever and starting to feel good about my physique.
Unread 05-02-2017, 02:00 AM

Week 3 Summary

Nothing much to report this week as all has gone to plan. I did hit 219lbs on the scale which is a 4 year low and bodyfat is definitely heading in the right direction.

One change I made this week was I cut carbs at midday on Sunday and did 30 mins on the stairmaster to deplete some glycogen before the "diet days" started. I also have decided to throw in 15-20 mins of cardio post workout just to increase the deficit a bit.

This will be week 4 of 4 before I am on holiday for a week so going to really push hard as I will have 9 days at/above maintenance for my diet break.
Unread 05-15-2017, 06:19 AM

Finished the 4 weeks as planned. Feeling great after a week in Barcelona. Averaged 19km of walking everyday and according to my FitBit my TDEE was 4800cals so naturally I ate somewhere in the region of 4-5k calories.Feeling a bit bloated but don't think I gained much/if any fat.

The plan going forward is another 4 week dietary stint before my next holiday.

I will be doing an ADF/UD2.0/RFL mix which will look something like this:

Mon- RFL (Full body)
Tues- RFL (Rest)
Wed-Maintenance (Full body)
Thurs- RFL (Rest)
Fri- RFL (Full body)
Saturday- Refeed
Sunday - Maintenance (Optional session)

Going to try and keep step count above 10k a day and may throw in some dedicated MISS on the stairmaster in the next few weeks.

Will weigh in on wednesday to get an idea of real weight once the bloat is gone!