BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-23-2013, 02:25 PM

Do you do a depletion workout (or 2) at the start of the DNP run to help move things along?

Are you seeing water retention (particularly in face or ankles)?

Is it the powder or crystal variation of DNP?
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
Do you do a depletion workout (or 2) at the start of the DNP run to help move things along?
I did 1 day of depletion at the start of my first run ala UD2.0. 6 sets for the major movements, 3-4 for some isolation.

For the second run I kept it to 3-4 high rep sets for the major movements and called it a day.

Quote:
Are you seeing water retention (particularly in face or ankles)?
Holding a bit of water but not really to the point of puffy face. Not on the ankles no.

Quote:
Is it the powder or crystal variation of DNP?
Powdered.

Last edited by RobertD : 01-23-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
I haven't done the research though I'm not shocked Conciliator never wrote his thing
He seems to have vanished from... everywhere.
Is this a "don't talk about it" sort of thing, and/or is he still around?
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Administrator

No clue what happened to him.

I suspect that, like many, the IDEA of writing a book was a whole lot easier than the REALITY of writing a book (see also: Leangains, Haycock's HST book and gosh knows how many others).
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
He seems to have vanished from... everywhere.
Is this a "don't talk about it" sort of thing, and/or is he still around?
I think he's been banned from a lot of forums. I know he went into elaborate discussions often with a lot of idiots maybe he got tired of it.

It was a bit of a scramble to get all his information regarding DNP from his posts across multiple boards... I don't think he posted much if anything since somewhere in 2011.
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
No clue what happened to him.

I suspect that, like many, the IDEA of writing a book was a whole lot easier than the REALITY of writing a book (see also: Leangains, Haycock's HST book and gosh knows how many others).
First rule of writing a book: Never tell people you're writing a book.
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertD View Post
I think he's been banned from a lot of forums. I know he went into elaborate discussions often with a lot of idiots maybe he got tired of it.

It was a bit of a scramble to get all his information regarding DNP from his posts across multiple boards... I don't think he posted much if anything since somewhere in 2011.
Yes, elsewhere he used to come and complain about how he'd gotten banned from somewhere else. His usual MO seemed to be to show up with a head full of steam, tie it up with the moderators in argument and then get banned.
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
First rule of writing a book: Never tell people you're writing a book.
That's Chapter 1 of the next book I'm writing.

D'oh!
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:36 PM

Yeah, I was enjoying reading through his stuff and then realized there wasn't anything since - as you say, 2011-ish.

There are a few things that lead to that, and wasn't sure if any of them were "don't talk about it" level things.

But given he spent time over on bodybuilding.com, that alone would be enough to never want to go online again. Reading through the stuff he posted there was a mix of "oh, that's interesting" and then the responses just make you want to punch yourself in the face.

Anyway - I find your 2 on / 2 off use of this interesting, and I'm enjoying getting caught up on the pharmacology of it.
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Just wanted to follow up on this. I'm now 5 weeks into my first cut using DNP.
Best cut I've done to date. (And I've done a lot of different things..)

Here's what I'm doing:

2 weeks diet + DNP
2 weeks maintenance + UD2.0 style refeed/training at the start. (after waiting 4 days for most of the DNP to clear my system)
2 week diet + DNP
Maintenance in between the two runs with a small surplus on training days to rebuild some muscle I possibly lost. A low dose DNP becomes less effective relatively fast and (according to Conciliator) a two week break is enough to counteract this. Also thought I'd just follow Lyle's RFL cat1 protocol a bit and keep it to two weeks at a time because I'm running a hefty deficit as well.

DNP dose: 200 mg a day. Have gone up to 400mg a couple of days but it was uncomfortable and my sleep quality seriously degraded. Somehow with 200mg sides are so low that it's really a lot less noticeable I'm on it than EC for example. (also it's -5 C in Holland now so no problems with heat)

Diet:
Maintenance - 1000 kcal, some days maintenance - 50%
Protein: 3.0-3.3gr per kg bodyweight. So about 230-250gr
Carbs: 75-125gr
Fat: the rest.

Intermittent fasting. Helps me with hunger issues. And I like to eat a big meal before I go to bed this is also why I eat most of my carbs at the last meal (which is the biggest meal) because it makes me sleep well. Going to bed hungry really rustles my jimmies more than anything else on diet.

Supps
A lot of EC, 4 doses of 20-30mg+200mg caffeine every 2-3 hours. Some coffee in between. I tolerate stimulants very well.
Multi vitamin,
Calcium/magnesium,
Fish Oil,
Green tea,
NAC,
Vitamin C, E and D.

Workout
Upper/Lower split, ABA 3 days a week, RPT

Upper:
Bench
2-3 sets: 5,6,8 reps
Military Press
1-2 sets 8,9
Weighted chin ups
2 sets 5,6
Seated Rows
2 sets, 8,9
Side Raises/Biceps/Triceps
1 set of 10-12

Lower
Squat
3 sets of 6,8,10
RLD
1-2 sets of 8,12
Gluteham raises
1 set of 8
Calf Raises
2 sets of 10,12
Abs
2-3 sets of 8-12

Cardio: Only brisk walking about an hour a day in the dunes. Listen to some audiobooks while enjoying the snowy view.

The second run I started on 400mg DNP for the first 3 days then went on with 200mg (the stuff has to build up in your system)
Diet worked very very well, the fat seems to just melt off. Maintained strength on all lifts. Working out went just fine on DNP, only my top set bench suffered (1 rep less) but this has so far happened on all my cuts. Also when I drop the weight a bit and increase reps I can get the same 1 rep max calculation.
Can't give a good number on weight/ fat lost yet because I still have 1 week to go and pretty depleted right now but so far 5 kg lost. Don't know how much fat but I'm definitely looking a lot leaner.

Definitely going to use DNP on my next diet as well. This stuff is a god among dieting drugs...
Well I don't know where you started off as far as bf% (or how low) but if we crunch the numbers. 5 weeks in with 5kg lost is 11lbs. or 2.2 lbs of fat a week. One can seemingly lose 2 lbs of fat a week with an ECA stack at a 1000 calorie deficit while still maintaining strength. so in essence, how efficient has this been granted only 1 lb of fat extra been lost at the end of 5 weeks using DNP which costs the $55 at the lowest.

Granted like I said you have not mentioned your bf% so it does get harder to lose fat the lower we go here but you get the gist of what I'm saying.