BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-07-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
its cheaper from china because its china, and its more expensive from s.a. because they are one of the premier us lab suppliers. good luck getting sial to send you DNP if you don't have a verified research facility (university, etc) though.
or list your ship-to address as an auto-recycler - DNP is an excellent metal cleaner.
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFS View Post
Anybody know why the phenolate quotes are ~7x lower than the phenols from overseas? The phenol is only ~90 from sigma vs 300+++/kg, though the overseas ones tend to claim higher % comp (99/97 respectively). Does anybody know how these are produced industrially - are the contaminants of any concern, are the other isomers any worse?
2,4 dinitrophenolate is similar to DNP but it's not the same thing (and no, it should not even be considered to be used for weight loss like DNP). I recall this being addressed in detail elsewhere so you may want to dig a little if you are curious. Being different compounds with different applications, the price may be different so no big surprise there.

As far as contaminants, I recall 2 important observations I saw quoted from research somewhere: one is that any impurity that may come with the common methods of producing DNP would be less toxic than DNP itself. another is that DNP doesn't bind/mix with heavy metals which by itself eliminates a huge cause for concern (meaning heavy-metal poisoning is not a real possibility).

This remind me of one comment I intended to make before about those china supplier mentioned here. We all know the "infamous" uses for DNP: as a explosive igniter, as a pesticide, wood preservative, etc... but rarely mentioned is that it was, at the beginning of 1900s, used as a food dye (it was called "Martius Yellow" and was used to color products like pastries and macaroni so that they would appear rich in eggs). And now I found out, thru those Chinese merchants that DNP is being used as a plant growth regulator....

So I find that fact somewhat amusing, considering the huge FUD surrounding DNP. And ironically as a pesticide it was largely discontinued since there is far more effective compounds for that purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFS View Post
Sigma lists a ~97% powder (phenol) for <100.
CN Quotes on powder+shipping (listed as 99%) are >>300.

EMS shipping is ~45 tops.

Phenolate (crystal) 98% is 15+45 shipping or less, somebody was quoted 52 earlier in the thread...
If the difference of price is for the same thing (dinitrophenol) than it's strange indeed. Lol $300 bucks and a CN supplier? DNP is dirty-cheap not just at china. The powder version (with no sodium) may be a little more expensive, but not that much....

Maybe this particular supplier is aware of the "DNP for weight-loss mania" and is aiming to make a quick buck... Most will sell it for around $12-25 per kg, 98%-99% purity.
Unread 09-07-2013, 10:01 PM

2 4 dinitrophenolate is DNP sodium salt its the samething used in cutting tainter studies
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:00 PM

lol you're right, that one is the Crystal DNP we are talking about all along, duh

I must have confused with something else I read long ago, probably regarding 2,6 dinitrophenolate. http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-S...e.1267563.html

Sorry for the confusion guys.
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
its cheaper from china because its china, and its more expensive from s.a. because they are one of the premier us lab suppliers. good luck getting sial to send you DNP if you don't have a verified research facility (university, etc) though.
No, it's 3.5-4x more expensive from china (albeit at a slightly higher purported purity) than from SA.

Regarding the other confusion:

sodium 2,4-dinitrophenolate, CAS NO.: 1011-73-0 = "Crystal"
2,4-dinitrophenol, CAS NO:51-28-5 = "Powder"

The powder is shipped moistened (15-20% from all reports), which I presume negates the potentially hazardous shipping restriction. So either multiple suppliers are trying to gouge the hell out of me, DHL is exponentially more expensive than EMS (and they don't offer EMS?) or there's something else going on. Did anybody else obtain "powder" at any reasonable cost?

Last edited by MFS : 09-08-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:47 AM

aint nobody use pure powder even 1930s stanford studies mostlly salt (crystal). once the sodium cation is cleaved dnp is dnp!!!!
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:30 AM

Hey guys I wanted to add what seems like could be a huge added benefit of DNP. So as I mentioned in my prior posts, I have given DNP to my sister at 200mg. Well tuesday will make two weeks for her. She has been a sufferer of chronic migraines for pretty much her whole life. The doctors speculate it is due to her high Blood Pressure. As I researched how BP is affected from DNP, concilliator had said there was research done that showed there was a striking amelioration High Blood pressure of Hypertensive people. So I speculated to my sister that her migraines may indeed subside as she takes DNP.

Well it has been nearly two weeks and she has not had a migraine yet. I know this has not been a long time. But every week on the dot she gets one migraine and it lasts for three days. While obviously more time is needed, this is pretty amazing if it turns out to be a preventative measure for her migraines.

Hail DNP.
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:47 AM

Meh, the 99.5% powder supplier just answered, and said $320, shipped with DHL...
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdoftruth View Post
Hey guys I wanted to add what seems like could be a huge added benefit of DNP. So as I mentioned in my prior posts, I have given DNP to my sister at 200mg. Well tuesday will make two weeks for her. She has been a sufferer of chronic migraines for pretty much her whole life. The doctors speculate it is due to her high Blood Pressure. As I researched how BP is affected from DNP, concilliator had said there was research done that showed there was a striking amelioration High Blood pressure of Hypertensive people. So I speculated to my sister that her migraines may indeed subside as she takes DNP.

Well it has been nearly two weeks and she has not had a migraine yet. I know this has not been a long time. But every week on the dot she gets one migraine and it lasts for three days. While obviously more time is needed, this is pretty amazing if it turns out to be a preventative measure for her migraines.

Hail DNP.
Before she started using DNP, what was her blood pressure?
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Meh, the 99.5% powder supplier just answered, and said $320, shipped with DHL...
Ya the crystal is ~60, makes no sense whatsoever unless they're spending a fortune to ship it. I wonder what they would charge if they shipped it EMS, since it's ~45 via EMS.