BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-18-2017, 08:35 AM

Day 3 recap:

AM - 8 miles of walking at work spread across 5 hours of activity.

Pm - 12.6 miles stationary bike (1.75 hr) and 4.3 miles walking (2 hr)

Net day 3 total : 1,550 calories

Running total thru day 3:

39.3 miles walking
34 miles stationary bike
Stairmaster 3,300 steps (1.5 hrs)

Total calories burned via activity: 5,000

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 05-19-2017, 05:53 AM

Recap thru end of day 4.

157.8 lbs (-12.2 lbs)

Obviously this is due to depletion and water balance. Interested to see how much it jumps back up with the reintroduction of carbs today

43 miles walking
50 miles stationary bike
Stairmaster 3,500 steps.

Man I was starving at the end of the workout so I'm eating at maintenance today on Day 5 with an emphasis on good fats, complex carbs, fruits, vegetables, and lean meat.

Feels great to eat again. Day 6 I will reassess and likely return to rapid fat loss without the heavy cardio. Will probably still get around 10 miles walking due to busy 3 day work weekend.

Let's see if that extended fat burn works!

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 05-19-2017 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Add
Unread 05-21-2017, 05:24 AM

Day 6 I ended up eating probably about 1,800 calories and working for 6 hours. Not quite sure how many miles but probably close to 10.

I was still a little hungry to be doing rapid fat loss and I tend to lose muscle quite easily.

I'm thinking for day 7-10 I'm gonna stick with a moderate deficit since I'm getting a decent amount of activity still just from work.

The weight does still appear to be dropping though it's hard to tell for sure yet due to water balance.

Unread 05-23-2017, 07:44 AM

Pretty decent results for a one week run of extreme fat loss. Gonna give it another go shortly.

Unread 05-23-2017, 08:45 AM

You're gonna do another run of Erfl?

I just found your log...can't tell you how many logs have seen of ERFL attempts and than fails. It is very hard. Yours is the one of the first I have seen that got through it for the 4 days.

Interesting if your weight can hold below 160lb...
Unread 05-23-2017, 08:56 AM

Also I wanted to ask if you're already getting sufficient levels of these: Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Sodium?

Did you get any bad leg cramps while going through ERFL?
Unread 05-23-2017, 02:20 PM

My weight is sticking in the 158-161.5 zone the last few days with right at 160 being probably the most accurate morning reading.

With it being humid and my active job my water levels are all over the place so its somewhat difficult to gauge.

I dont recall any cramps at all. Im not sure how to know if my levels of all that stuff are sufficient. I salt all my food and i take a ton of daily vitamins and supplements though.

Im pretty experienced with rapid fat loss, long low intensity sessions of cardio, intermittent fasting, etc so i didn't have too much trouble sticking to it. Fiber is a HUGE key

Unread 05-28-2017, 08:18 PM

Man,dieting is truly a freaking GRIND when you start getting low. I can see why you rarely see guys walking around below 15%.

Everyone thinks, oh I'm only 20% bodyfat I'll just lose 20 pounds real quick and be good. The reality is due to lost LBM and underestimating your true bf% you likely need to lose more like 35 pounds to reach 10%. You just see the fat on your gut, but you have NO IDEA how much visceral fat you must lose before that baby even starts budging especially if you have poor fat storage patterns around your abdomen like me.

On top of that it becomes significantly harder and slower to lose fat towards the end without really losing more LBM.

I'm down to 157 pounds and I STILL have a decent sized belly. I thought I'd be nice and lean by this weight especially since I've been diligent with heavy weights and high protein. I'm starting to get concerned that 150 lbs might not get me to 10%. I still plan on likely calling the diet off at about that point.

It's hard not to quit now as I'm getting awfully small, but I know i need to keep going to avoid getting too fat when I bulk. By god, I am going to be careful when i bulk so that I never have to diet this long again.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 05-28-2017 at 08:19 PM. Reason: A
Unread 05-29-2017, 10:50 PM

I drank a huge amount of water yesterday and today to help keep me satiated and after work I witnessed 154.8 on the scale. I know I'm really probably closer to 157 but dipping under 155 was a huge psychological breakthrough. I believe that is the least I've weighed since I graduated college in 2007. In the past I've tended to get stuck right around 161-163 lbs, so I'm definitely dipping into uncharted territory.

While 150 is my firm goal and I will NOT quit until I reach it, I'm really interested in trying to pursue 10% bodyfat so I can see what I look at my absolute leanest (without losing an unnecessary amount of LBM or throwing my hormones too far out of whack).

I look forward to a month break at10-12% and then a loooong slow bulk where i absolutely am not going to allow myself to gain more than one pound per week.

I'm down 22 lbs since checking out of rehab in late September and my strength levels are up significantly. When i look around the gym I see guys who are quite a bit heavier than me who aren't moving all that much more weight so I think I'll truly explode once I start eating.

Unread 06-05-2017, 01:41 PM

Took a few days off the diet so i could concentrate on an important financial exam this weekend.

Boy, it sure is more fun working out with full glycogen stores and great energy levels. Started using creatine again so i figure my weight will normalize a little higher. Id been off it approximately five weeks while dieting but im not sure the mild fat loss differential is worth the strength loss particularly for an ectomorph.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 06-05-2017 at 01:41 PM. Reason: A