BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Unread 12-08-2016, 12:46 PM
squat squat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 636
Default

So you're saying you want to gain fat in all the typically female places? Some women also carry muffins. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 12-08-2016, 02:50 PM
farrenator farrenator is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,001
Default

Males generally gather fat around the waist, which is why we get guts and can still have limbs that look like twigs. Just look at some old timers who are long term boozers - nice beer belly, skinny arms and legs. Half of the native population of Florida

I think that is pretty normal and the way around it is to gain some muscle mass in your upper and lower body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Dunno View Post
Can't edit the question, but there were some typos.
Question was about the "muffin top" or "apple body fat distribution" which is associated with high levels of Cortisol and/or Estrogen.

I was wondering if anyone took supplements or got a doc to prescribe aromatase inhibitors. Exercising and losing fat didn't make much of a difference, gaining it back still all went to the same place. For me, when clothes covers my belly and I am at 17% BF I look like an anorexic twig. Trying to see if anyone else had this issue and managed it successfully. If the fat distribution can be attributed to the high levels of cortisol and Estrogen, it is worth looking into, regardless of body composition.
.

I have been looking into things like ashwaganda, DHEA (this raises estrogen though) and i3c. Although i3c and Dim aren't that convincing. Of course, all the supplements probably wouldn't do anything unless you lose the fat. I even took ashwaganda and i3c while the fat accumulation process took place, so who knows if that works

What sucks is that dieting would also increase cortisol levels.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 12-08-2016, 05:57 PM
johnc johnc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsaredrugs View Post
Does it mean I should just pin test already?
When is it ever not a good idea to pin test?

Quote:
What if I'm tall and have long legs too? Should I try to remove my extra X chromosome using some radical technology like Crispr cas-9 or whatever the kids are raving about these days (me being the kid...)?
Hey man... at least you're tall!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 12-09-2016, 01:23 AM
Determinism Determinism is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 247
Default

The way fat is distributed is mostly out of your control. There is an article about fat patterning on the main site.

I'm not sure what will happen when hormones change though.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 12-09-2016, 04:53 AM
tellurium's Avatar
tellurium tellurium is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
When is it ever not a good idea to pin test?
Came here to post this
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 12-09-2016, 10:23 AM
aspire aspire is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
When is it ever not a good idea to pin test?
If you don't want to mess up your hormones and pin test for the rest of your life?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 12-09-2016, 04:26 PM
squat squat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 636
Default

That's why you gotta work on getting a hormone problem first, then pin test for the rest of your life.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 12-09-2016, 07:05 PM
johnc johnc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
If you don't want to mess up your hormones and pin test for the rest of your life?
Where's your sense of adventure?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 12-10-2016, 07:08 AM
Totentanz Totentanz is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Dunno View Post
Can't edit the question, but there were some typos.
Question was about the "muffin top" or "apple body fat distribution" which is associated with high levels of Cortisol and/or Estrogen.

I was wondering if anyone took supplements or got a doc to prescribe aromatase inhibitors. Exercising and losing fat didn't make much of a difference, gaining it back still all went to the same place. For me, when clothes covers my belly and I am at 17% BF I look like an anorexic twig. Trying to see if anyone else had this issue and managed it successfully. If the fat distribution can be attributed to the high levels of cortisol and Estrogen, it is worth looking into, regardless of body composition.
.

I have been looking into things like ashwaganda, DHEA (this raises estrogen though) and i3c. Although i3c and Dim aren't that convincing. Of course, all the supplements probably wouldn't do anything unless you lose the fat. I even took ashwaganda and i3c while the fat accumulation process took place, so who knows if that works

What sucks is that dieting would also increase cortisol levels.
How would you know if it is genetics? Have you gotten genetic testing done?

As far as I know, there is very little about what SNPs would cause fat storage in that fashion. As Lyle pointed out, hormones are going to play the biggest role in that.

If you are looking for chemical solutions, there isn't going to be anything easy and legal. Just increasing test levels will likely worsen the problem of storing more VAT.
Solution? Lose the fat and don't gain it back? I would recommend putting on some muscle when you gain weight rather than gaining all the fat back. Lyle has several articles about how to build muscle and bulk responsibly without becoming overwhelmingly fat.
Read this article. If you followed that plan for a couple years (and actually stuck to it, which is where most people fail) you would likely not be having this issue.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 12-10-2016, 03:31 PM
hugsaredrugs's Avatar
hugsaredrugs hugsaredrugs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 410
Default

what if my parents get me in trouble... i am only 12.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.