BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-11-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsaredrugs View Post
what if my parents get me in trouble... i am only 12.
If you are only 12 you shouldn't be pinning test.

You should wait until you're at least 14.
Unread 12-12-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
How would you know if it is genetics? Have you gotten genetic testing done?

As far as I know, there is very little about what SNPs would cause fat storage in that fashion. As Lyle pointed out, hormones are going to play the biggest role in that.

If you are looking for chemical solutions, there isn't going to be anything easy and legal. Just increasing test levels will likely worsen the problem of storing more VAT.
Solution? Lose the fat and don't gain it back? I would recommend putting on some muscle when you gain weight rather than gaining all the fat back. Lyle has several articles about how to build muscle and bulk responsibly without becoming overwhelmingly fat.
Read this article. If you followed that plan for a couple years (and actually stuck to it, which is where most people fail) you would likely not be having this issue.

Nothing illegal, just supplements and a bloodtest to see if they are any good. And, if it is hormonal, not genetic, then I will address that issue when it comes up.
Unread 12-13-2016, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
When is it ever not a good idea to pin test?
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
If you don't want to mess up your hormones and pin test for the rest of your life?
Man up, d00d.
Unread 12-15-2016, 08:46 AM

My test levels were at the higher end when I measured them last time. However, I have found that when I get fat I store fat mostly as subcutaenous fat and that not in stimach area, but rather legs and lower back. Never had visually visceral fat if I could tell... any explanatiom? Genes?
Unread 12-22-2016, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkord View Post
My test levels were at the higher end when I measured them last time. However, I have found that when I get fat I store fat mostly as subcutaenous fat and that not in stimach area, but rather legs and lower back. Never had visually visceral fat if I could tell... any explanatiom? Genes?
You have the fat patterning of a woman. That's the explanation.
Unread 12-22-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
You have the fat patterning of a woman. That's the explanation.
What's the fix?
Unread 12-23-2016, 06:36 AM

Here's the thing: Any supposition about whether to blame anything on your genetics is just that. Unless you've gotten your entire exome mapped out and you have access to all the research about what those genes (and the proteins they code for) do, then this is all just wanking and means nothing. Assuming something is caused by your genetics isn't going to help solve whatever the issue is that you are having.
Unread 12-23-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
That's why you gotta work on getting a hormone problem first, then pin test for the rest of your life.
I already have a hormone problem. Very close to the lower limit of the acceptable range. I could find an open-minded doctor. But surely the medical establishment has established & determined that TRT is not worth it if you are within the normal range, and I should trust them since scientists and endocrinologists do this for a living and have already figured it out?

What about psychiatric side effects? I have a history of hypomania (back when I abused substances) which was actually very unpleasant for me (anxiety, overly argumentative). How long will it take for me to find out if test increases my anxiety? And will I be able to quit test at that point or will it be too late?

Anxiety and being vulnerable to being angry at the smallest perceived slights = no good. Is it possible try pinning test and then quit if it gives me any anxiety or irritability whatsoever?

Last edited by aspire : 12-23-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Unread 12-23-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
I already have a hormone problem. Very close to the lower limit of the acceptable range. I could find an open-minded doctor. But surely the medical establishment has established & determined that TRT is not worth it if you are within the normal range, and I should trust them since scientists and endocrinologists do this for a living and have already figured it out?

What about psychiatric side effects? I have a history of hypomania (back when I abused substances) which was actually very unpleasant for me (anxiety, overly argumentative). How long will it take for me to find out if test increases my anxiety? And will I be able to quit test at that point or will it be too late?

Anxiety and being vulnerable to being angry at the smallest perceived slights = no good. Is it possible try pinning test and then quit if it gives me any anxiety or irritability whatsoever?
If anything, TRT would give you symptom relief (check studies on pubmed about testosterone and depression/bipolar).

Going from 400 to 1000 is life-changing IME.
Unread 12-23-2016, 11:27 AM

Well, high doses of testosterone can certainly induce mania. Normal ranges, I think the effects would be normalizing. Well, insofar as low testosterone levels have had psychological effects, anyway. You aren't sure that's what is causing you problems.

It is a pretty profound drug, at the end of the day.

It's totally possible to try it and stop. No big deal, you don't have to cut off your scrotum.

I don't actually recommend it. I think you should just avoid getting fat, because your issue is fat patterning? Oh, nevermimd, that was a different person.

I'm bipolar. I will say, it does not fix your problem.

Last edited by squat : 12-23-2016 at 11:30 AM.