BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-19-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali123 View Post
IM AFRAID CUZ IN THE BOOK LYLE SAID "want to mention this potential side-effect due to the popularity of low-carbohydrate diets, which tend to lower blood glucose slightly as well. If you’re using a low-carb diet or are involved in heavy exercise (which tends to improve insulin sensitivity and lower blood glucose concentrations) you need to be aware of the possibility of a hypoglycemic reaction if you choose to use bromocriptine.
Crashing blood glucose can cause dizziness, nausea and sweats at the least, and unconsciousness or coma in extreme circumstances." THE LAST SENTENC IS REALLY SCARY
that warning IS a scary warning, and a realistic warning; hypoglycemia is not fun, and yes it CAN, POTENTIALLY cause loss of consciousness, and if you are doing something dangerous while hypoglycemic then the loss of conciousness could result in loss of life.

If you want to use bromo - use a flexible diet, add the CHO and don't sweat it, assess how it works for you on the CHO based diet before trying to do it on a low or no carb diet.
4. Use google as well - Add "site:lylemcdonald.com". Google can find those short strings of letters.
5. You are not a rodent so follow up with pubmed (http://pubmed.org) use "+human" "-rat" "-mouse" modifiers
6. Check the STICKY threads.
7. use google to find all my posts.
8. Supplement evidence
9. Private message are cheerfully ignored.
Unread 11-20-2009, 10:43 AM

Default thanks

thanks mate is really helpful ill sure giv it a try
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:48 AM

eat a piece of candy, not dying is definitively worth the calories.
Unread 05-05-2010, 05:10 AM

Default SKF 38393 with Bromocriptine

Hello there. I'll cut straight to the chase:
Does anyone know where to get hold of the D1 agonist called SKF-38393?
I've searched the web for pharmacies selling the drug, but all I could find was this site: www.tocris.com. They only sell you the goods if you have a registrated company/establishment.

There seems to be other pharmacies selling "hydrobromide", but I'm not sure if this is the thing I am looking for. There is also a buckload of different products with that name.

I'm also wondering what the dosage should be, if I choose to combine it [SKF 38393] with Bromocriptine.

Any help on this matter would be very helpful.

-Hella
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Administrator

With a name like that, it's a drug/chemical in development/for research only. You will NEVER get it unless you work in a lab.
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
With a name like that, it's a drug/chemical in development/for research only. You will NEVER get it unless you work in a lab.
I think it might help to be in a lab and also not be a person.

There are a lots of hits in google for: SKF-38393 monkey
and for: SKF-38393 rats
Unread 05-05-2010, 08:32 AM

Doesn't look like SKF-38393 ever made it into human trials. No clinical studies in Pubmed. Found one reference in a different review article from 2004:

The functional role of dopamine D(1) receptors is still controversial. One reason for this controversy is that for a long time the only available agonists for in vivo characterization of dopamine D(1) receptors were benzazepines. Among them was the prototype dopamine D(1) receptor partial agonist, SKF 38393. The lack of a selective and fully efficacious dopamine D(1) receptor agonist hampered basic research on dopamine D(1) receptors and left the potential clinical utility of dopamine D(1) receptor agonists elusive. The research situation improved when the first potent full dopamine D(1) receptor agonist dihydrexidine, a phenanthridine, was introduced in the late 1980s. In contrast to SKF 38393, dihydrexidine was shown to stimulate cyclic AMP synthesis just as well or better than dopamine, and potently displaced [(3)H]SCH 23390 from rat and monkey striatal membranes.
Unread 05-05-2010, 09:19 AM

I understand. Thank you guys for bringing this to my notice.

But as I read from your book, Lyle, a DA D1 agonist combined with Bromo will be more efficiant than just using Bromo alone.

Is there any other D1-agonist readily avalible that I could combine with BRC? What would you personally recommend?
And once again - how should this be dosed?

Looking forward to testing out Bromocriptine, which I just recently purchased from abroad.
Unread 05-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Administrator

read every post by myles.buckley
Unread 05-07-2010, 09:46 PM

This is my second day on Bromo, and boy have I had results! And even though I had heavy nausea, had to lay down for 5 mins here and there (at work) and vomited several times the first day, I now feel in balance, get a feeling of fullness from just looking at the dinner plate, "other things" are finally getting back to where they should be (), and and my overall conception of things has changed - to the better.

I have also noticed that I no longer feel the urge for a cigarette or "a fix". I started at 1 mg the first day, and will increase the dose by 0.25 each day. I also found out that by waiting at least 4 h from awakening, and then taking Bromo with pro+a little cbh totally removes the side effects. It's brilliant!

Thank you for all your research on this topic, Lyle!
It might just be the stabilisation of hormone levels I've been in desperate need of for the last 8-10 years.

Thumbs up!