BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-29-2017, 08:11 AM

Great to hear about your diet break QuadQueen!!!
I was about to say to you in reply to you message on my thread that maybe your should have a diet break that it can sometimes shake things back to a better pace! I feel that is true specially for us women and our rollercoaster hormones...

Go get that 220!!!
Unread 04-29-2017, 12:18 PM

Great work!

It is a mental mind f*** being a woman on this diet lol I'm hoping for the same results you got, taking a while and eating at maintenance until my cycle is finished, a week and a half eating RFL and to see a 6 lb gain from had me really discouraged lol
Unread 05-16-2017, 10:29 PM

I'm still around, still posting on random days.... Nearing the 40 lbs loss mark! Can't complain!!

It doesn't even feel real thinking that I was really 40 lbs heavier. I feel great lately! Workouts have been spot on. Dieting has been great. Still going strong on RFL... It appears as if I'm in the mid-20s bf% thus far since my boulder shoulders and quad cuts are coming back in. At 210 lbs, I'm hoping to be around 21% like I was in all my previous contest years... Its looking good so far.

I'm hoping to keep avoid all the summer foods I smell everyone cooking when I'm out doing my cardio walks, haha...
Unread 05-17-2017, 02:11 AM

You did pro bodybuilding competitions if I'm not mistaken, correct?
Unread 05-18-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
You did pro bodybuilding competitions if I'm not mistaken, correct?
Yes, correct....

And powerlifting also, but not on a professional level.
Unread 06-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Mannnn, I'm stuck again. Been hovering between 228.2 and 228.8 for 10 days now. TEN. Come on scale! Something's gotta give here. I've got more dieting left in me! Let's woooosh.

Anyways, I've been walking 3-4x per week for an hour at a good clip and having some fun with it--Jamming to tunes, meeting some neighbors, petting dogs, haha... This cardio is a breeze compared to what I used to do during contest prep. The walk-o-meter I bought says I'm averaging 3.9 mph which is around where I guessed I was.

Debating if I should switch to a Category 2 lifestyle now...
Unread 06-14-2017, 03:17 PM

So someone from the gym (where I cover up with a hoodie) saw me out at a store where I wear normal clothes. She says: "You look like you're getting thin." She must have seen my shocked, displeased face because then she elaborated.... "I mean your legs got thinner, your face, all of you!"

MY LEGS??! ARE THIN?! I used to have 29.5" quads--never hit that elusive 30". Even when contest lean, my legs were almost 27". I could never fit them into jeans and it was great. At one point my quads were larger than my waist! It was delicious.

Now I guess I better go get a tape measure and check how small my legs are. I spent about an hour in the mirror that day nitpicking my current physique and deciding that I have no arms, no legs, no muscle.

That deflated my whole day. A normal person might take "thin" as a compliment. As a bodybuilder "thin" is certainly NOT what I'm going for. I'm going for jacked, ridiculous, beautiful-faced-freak. I like to be "walking anatomy-chart" physique. So long story short, I hit weights harder than ever, ate 3000 cals Monday & Tuesday and now I feel great. Went back to dieting today feeling full-muscled and not crazy, lol. Must be those dieting hormones.... yikes! Pardon me for taking 2 days off RFL--I put on 2.8 lbs of water--It just seemed kinda necessary.
Unread 06-22-2017, 07:18 PM

Teetering on leaving the 220s behind--sexy! So I spent last night re-reading RFL focusing on Category 1. I'm likely close enough to try it. I absolutely notice my own fat loss now--And I'm feeling great!

Going on past precedent, I know I was DEXA'd around 21% bodyfat at 210 lbs in the past (this is my normal off-season weight where I am comfortable) so at ~220 lbs now, I've got to be around 24% give or take and perhaps Category 1 is for me now.

Today is a free meal and Friday I will jump into Category 1 RFL until July 4th and 5th where I will (attempt to) perform a 2-day UD2-style high carb refeed. According to my calculations, I will eat 970g - 1294g carbs over the 2 days. I feel I will have trouble hawking down this many carbs as my free meal often gets me quite full for hours. July 5th will be a workout day.

I have done UD2 for contest prep before, but I don't recall having done Category 1 RFL... Either way, I cannot BELIEVE I was 270 just months ago and now in about 10 lbs I will be back to my normal off-season weight. I am GLOWING with happiness This is going so well!