BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-28-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
I might also point out that often you find that a lot of said natural bodybuilders are considerably shorter than average for the general male population, so at 165 lbs some can look a lot bigger than a taller guy.

The winner of Mr Musclemania Universe 2013 trained at my local gym, and yes, he was huge, but I would also say that I believe his real height was no more than 5'7", if that...

EDIT: I think that guy's competition weight was like 185 lbs or something, so in that case even huger.
Musclemania is fake naturals remember that. Ulysses Jr, Simeon Panda, Chul Soon, etc, are all musclemania guys.
Unread 04-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
I might also point out that often you find that a lot of said natural bodybuilders are considerably shorter than average for the general male population, so at 165 lbs some can look a lot bigger than a taller guy.

The winner of Mr Musclemania Universe 2013 trained at my local gym, and yes, he was huge, but I would also say that I believe his real height was no more than 5'7", if that...

EDIT: I think that guy's competition weight was like 185 lbs or something, so in that case even huger.
I'm not a math guy but i think 185 is about 20 lbs heavier than 165. Someone should check that.
Unread 04-28-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I'm not a math guy but i think 185 is about 20 lbs heavier than 165. Someone should check that.
According to my ever-so-handy electronic abacus here (some might call it a 'calculator', I guess), you are correct sir...20 pounds precisely.

And at 5'7", if that? 'spose anything's possible.
Unread 04-28-2017, 02:40 PM

The ultimate achievement for a natural is bodybuilding til it becomes impossibly difficult and you start backsliding, and then giving up and letting yourself go. Another achievement is moving on to steroids, and getting a bigger/better body.

There's nothing cool about being a natural bodybuilder. The coolest part is probably the lying and general deception.
Unread 04-28-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
2 inches shorter than Frank Zane and same stage weight. #drugfree #natural #sacrificetowin #doyoueven #discipline #pain #hashtag #morehashtags
Unread 04-28-2017, 02:47 PM

There is also who is looking at you. What I mean is that I can easily spot folks that are well developed yet are invisible to the general population. The fact is that civilians do not know what to look for unless it is 'gross'.
Unread 04-28-2017, 04:37 PM

A lot of this depends on what your reference points are. The fitness world has some oddities.. rampant steroid use and dishonest advertising have led many people to have a very warped view is what is possible for a typical drug-free person.

Beyond that though, a lot of this is open for interpretation. Most people, at least those who do not have bottom-tier genetics for weights/bodycomp can make significant improvements in their physique. Starting from a typical point, this means losing fat and gaining muscle.

Some people get farther than others. I certainly think an impressive (lean, well muscled) physique can be achieved naturally by many people but you have to accept that only goes so far. You should be able to look like you lift while wearing clothes, at least judged by people in the real world even if you fall short of the lofty standards that are often repeated on the interwebs.
Unread 04-28-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txomin View Post
There is also who is looking at you. What I mean is that I can easily spot folks that are well developed yet are invisible to the general population. The fact is that civilians do not know what to look for unless it is 'gross'.
You don't even need to see it. You can almost reach out and touch those pheromones
Unread 04-28-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
This has nothing to do with anything being discussed. And exceptions don't disprove a generality.

Are these guys super lean? No.
Go to a natural bodybuilding contest.

Ripped guys = 165 lbs.
you dont need to be stage ready and shreeded at 6% with striations and veins poking out to look ripped.

the same guy at 12% still looks fantastic, lean and looks like a beast in normal clothes. Id say if you don't agree with this point of view your expectations are probably unhealthy.

saying your gonna be only either gonna be fat, lean or on drugs is defeatist and only true for less than half the population on the wrong side of the bell curve. Or only true for people who give up after 2 years

Last edited by Hectic : 04-28-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Unread 04-28-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
you dont need to be stage ready and shreeded at 6% with striations and veins poking out to look ripped.

the same guy at 12% still looks fantastic, lean and looks like a beast in normal clothes. Id say if you don't agree with this point of view your expectations are probably unhealthy.

saying your gonna be only either gonna be fat, lean or on drugs is defeatist and only true for less than half the population on the wrong side of the bell curve. Or only true for people who give up after 2 years
Martin Berkhan and Greg Gallagher look perfectly non stand out in street clothes. Unless they're wearing tank tops, I doubt most people would realize they are carrying more LBM than 95% of natural trainees ever will.