BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-01-2017, 05:51 PM

Default ? on jump roping

Hi, I've read that running is more metabolic when compared to pedaling on a stationary bike. However when compared to running, would jump roping be more metabolic since it burns more calories? Thank you.
Unread 05-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure what you mean by more metabolic but realistically few can jump rope for anywhere CLOSE to the same duration as they can do other types of exercise. So even if it burns more calories per minute, it wo'nt matter if you can only do 5 minutes or less while you could run for 30 minutes.
Unread 05-01-2017, 11:01 PM

Lyle, that makes sense. In regards with the confusion with the term metabolic, my mistake. My brain hit a pot hole when I was reading one of your articles on endurance training and you mention that 30 minutes of running seems about equivalent to an hour of cycling mostly due to differences in metabolic strain.
Unread 05-02-2017, 02:36 AM

If you've got limited time to work out (max 15 minutes) and you have reasonable capacity for jump roping, of course it's better bang for your buck than jogging. Will burn an appreciably greater number of calories.