BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-16-2017, 09:29 AM

Default Protein question?

Hey all,

Could you please tell me should I use rapid fat loss calculator suggestion for amount of chicken that I should eat, or calorie king?

The calculator is telling me to eat 600g of chicken to get 167g of protein. However, calorie king says that 700-750g of chicken breast is needed to reach this amount of protein. Which one is more correct?

I have been using the calculator estimates since October 26th, 2016 and everything has been going great. I just want to make sure I do not start losing my LBM more than I should if I am eating less protein than recommended. I have transitioned into category 2, and have been doing weight training 2 times per week for one month now. And that is the main reason why I am asking. Also, can I do 3 workouts per week, or is 2 the absolute maximum.

P.S.

As always, thank you for your advices and suggestions everyone.
Unread 05-16-2017, 09:51 AM

Depending on the cooking method, meat will lose water, so it'll be more concentrated in protein than raw chicken.

The calc probably uses cooked chicken while you looked at raw chicken.
Unread 05-16-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solis View Post
Depending on the cooking method, meat will lose water, so it'll be more concentrated in protein than raw chicken.

The calc probably uses cooked chicken while you looked at raw chicken.
I've always used raw food nutritional facts to calculate my macros. But if the calculator showed cooked portions, then I have been consuming less protein than I should've.
Unread 05-16-2017, 04:09 PM

An extra 20g a day of protein is a whopping net 64 calories a day or about one pound every 2 months... some of which is probably muscle retained from the protein sparing component.

Instead of worrying about weighing chicken down to the milligram I've always found it easier to just estimate meat by the pound and then woof down a scoop or twp of whey protein if you're not sure.

Extra protein just isn't gonna hurt your results unless you take it to crazy extreme levels. While too little protein will wreck your results.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 05-16-2017 at 04:13 PM. Reason: A