BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Administrator

and the fact that carbs are almost never converted to fat in the first place, that's his other major mistake
Unread 08-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
and the fact that carbs are almost never converted to fat in the first place, that's his other major mistake
I have a question then.
Let's say total caloric need is 2000 calories.
You burn 300 calories of body fat with cardio training.
You go back home and eat exactly 300 calories of carbs.
Now according to the caloric balance there shouldn't be any weight loss but according to what you're saying up there the 300 calories of carbs won't be converted into fat so the end result would be a fat loss without any sort of caloric deficiency. What I'm not getting?
Unread 08-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Administrator

read this post
Unread 08-04-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
in regards to that post... I am curious about the fat is stored directly thing. is that saying one consumes fat and regardless of the energy flux it is stored for the time being until its used (most likely later in the day), especially if one is in a deficit?
Unread 08-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Administrator

pretty much any time you are in the postprandial state (after a meal), the body shifts from net fuel mobilization to net fuel storage.

however, when you are in a deficit and meals are smaller and/or spaced further apart, you are getting

a. relatively less time in a fuel storage situation (there's less fuel to store)
b. relatively longer in a fuel mobilization situation

so the net effect, over the course of a day, is net fuel mobilization.

I sort of addresses this in stubborn fat wrt: some of the oddness that sometimes happens to women whereby upper body leans out but lower body seems to be getting fatter. in addition to that weird redistribution effect that may be going on, consider a female who's body is preferentially storing fat in her lower body after a meal (due to genetic/blood flow issues) but then is only pulling them back out of upper body (due to all of the stuff that makes lower body fat more stubborn to moblization).
Unread 08-04-2008, 09:58 PM

"consider a female who's body is preferentially storing fat in her lower body after a meal (due to genetic/blood flow issues) but then is only pulling them back out of upper body"

I'd love to consider and date that female. why would any girl want to change that! JUNK IN THE TRUNK
Unread 05-07-2009, 05:56 PM

Default Not certain how this works

This is my first post and I am not sure who will see it. I was active a number of years ago and am willing to overcome obstacles to feel fit again.

I have gained weight and become lethargic since a severe laceration to my left hand resulting in multiple tendon damage, muscle severing and nerve damage. I experience pain from my thumb to my chest as a result of usage. Can not avoid it.
I am wondering if there is a way that I can exercise while avoiding the debilitating pain thereafter.

I want to eliminate the inflatable tire that is around my waist. I have eliminated pain medications that require me to eat before I sleep and just as I wake. Now I have curbed my eating habits back to norm and am losing some weight. Is there something I can do to help me tone my body further without excessive stress on my left hand?

First Post

Regards

Stoohoopid

I apologize for "hijacking" this thread I have no idea how to navigate through this forum yet. It was my first post. I meant no harm or to disrupt the process.

Last edited by Stoohoopid : 05-09-2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Not sure how to start a new thread
Unread 05-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Please take the time to start a new thread rather than hijacking one that has nothing to do with your question, thank you.
Unread 07-13-2010, 11:05 AM

Thanks for this thread Lyle. Regarding your last statement about elites though would it also be mitigated by the percent factor also? If an elite worked out 30 hours a week that 25% HI is 7 hours.That would still be more than many people's weekly workouts even if 100% were HI.

I am not recommending that but if it happened to benefit an individual for whatever reason (usually time) i wouldn't think 100% is a problem necessarily. I respect and am learning much from your insight and websites!
Unread 07-13-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryR View Post
Thanks for this thread Lyle. Regarding your last statement about elites though would it also be mitigated by the percent factor also? If an elite worked out 30 hours a week that 25% HI is 7 hours.That would still be more than many people's weekly workouts even if 100% were HI.

I am not recommending that but if it happened to benefit an individual for whatever reason (usually time) i wouldn't think 100% is a problem necessarily. I respect and am learning much from your insight and websites!
If you can recover/benifit from it then sure theres nothing wrong with it. Most can't, because most don't have that sort of tolerance and recovery capacity. Still, if you want to get optimal performance you have to do some training at lower intensities.

I guess what Im saying is, Is there a point to your post that Im missing?