BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-27-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalkid View Post
You are a cat-1. There is no free meal, and the re-feed is necessary. It seems like a lot but it isn't.
Why is there no free meal? From what I remember, a free meal 1x week and a reefed 1x week was not out of the question.
Unread 05-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
Why is there no free meal? From what I remember, a free meal 1x week and a reefed 1x week was not out of the question.
For a cat-2, yes. For someone who is lean the free meal is not needed because they should have adequate psychological control to get that lean in the first place, and refeeds are more frequent (and useful) and thus make the free meals obsolete.
Unread 05-27-2014, 08:58 PM

Can we answer the question on the bottom of the previous page? Haha
Unread 05-29-2014, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonblood View Post
Can we answer the question on the bottom of the previous page? Haha
You could consider it extra calories burned towards your deficit for the week. Or you could eat say, 500 calories more to make up some of it, and the other 500 would be towards your weekly deficit. Or you could eat a full 1000 calories to help support the extra activity if not feeling like crap during your bike ride is a priority to you.

You've done the math to calculate your maintenance, those extra 1000 calories on that day go towards your maintenance for that day, and ultimately for the week.

How much of a deficit are you running, and what is your overall activity like?
Unread 05-29-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
You could consider it extra calories burned towards your deficit for the week. Or you could eat say, 500 calories more to make up some of it, and the other 500 would be towards your weekly deficit. Or you could eat a full 1000 calories to help support the extra activity if not feeling like crap during your bike ride is a priority to you.

You've done the math to calculate your maintenance, those extra 1000 calories on that day go towards your maintenance for that day, and ultimately for the week.

How much of a deficit are you running, and what is your overall activity like?
The ride isn't a priority but I hate cardio and this is a way to keep my heart healthy and have fun. I'll throw in a hiit session once a week or two. I'm lifting 3x per week down from 4. I recover better that way when cutting and I'm at about a 20% deficit. The thing is, days I ride I'm exhausted and starving after it sometimes it carries over to the next day which I lift on
Unread 05-29-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonblood View Post
The ride isn't a priority but I hate cardio and this is a way to keep my heart healthy and have fun. I'll throw in a hiit session once a week or two. I'm lifting 3x per week down from 4. I recover better that way when cutting and I'm at about a 20% deficit. The thing is, days I ride I'm exhausted and starving after it sometimes it carries over to the next day which I lift on
Just keep running a 20% deficit on cycling days then. You can eat more and burn more on those days then. Bonus.