BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-24-2017, 06:45 AM

Another week at 3750 down. Nicely filled out now, scale is showing a range from low 198s to 202s. Kinda ignoring it at this point- waist is up 1/8" since end of dieting down vs the 4 to 7 lbs scale weight change. Visually just as lean as two weeks ago but now abs arms etc look tons better since they aren't stringy. Night time hunger is bugging me a lot. Based on how this week ends might bump up calories another 250 on work days at least. I walk a good 6 to 10 miles a day around a factory so my tdee is not trivial. Uhh what else. Recovery feels good starting to really push volume on back bi delts and calves. Looking forward to an untracked day tomorrow and eating till I hate myself. I did that thanksgiving day too and scale went down that week. Hitting back/delts and legs/bis today got plenty of recovery time ahead.
Unread 12-26-2017, 07:24 AM

Yup. That was glorious.

2 dozen cookies of various sorts
A good 2 lbs combined cheesecake, lemon meringue, buttermilk, sweet potatoe pie
2 to 3 lbs of ham and turkey
Solid 2 plates of stuffing, spinach/cream cheese dip with rolls, candied sweet potatoes, mac n cheese
Couple lbs of fruit between meals..just because.

I really outdid myself. Probably the best sleep I ever had after feeling like death for hours. What a great week.
Unread 12-30-2017, 12:21 PM

Recovering from flu i got from my kid's cousins over xmas day (both them and his grandma has it now, she went to urgent care pre xmas dinner) been outta action a few days barely any appetite and not remotely in shape to lift a pencil well I'll hit the gym today or tomorrow and try to do some light pump work. Not feeling too bad now. Scale weight dropped to 196 but mirror looks good. On the plus side i didnt catch the stomach flu the younger cousin had I guess...nbd just a couple week setback
Unread 01-03-2018, 05:32 PM

Easing back into it. Doing half the sets and what not, feels pretty decent. Making it a point to sleep as much as I can too.
Unread 01-06-2018, 07:41 PM

Feeling pretty good by now other than shoddy sleep...cant figure out why..anyway gonna start adding some sets and stuff probably for delts back calves abs..probably aim for 16 to 20 sets of back and 12 to 16 on the delt/bi. My routine is just ulxuxlx with 600 cals of cardio a week (230 mins or 3x20 mins usually on off days). There's some autoregulation involved based on fatigue/reps hit (eg- if i hit 6 reps on first set when im going for6 to 8 ill drop weight 10% for the day...etc)

Upper

Hammer flat: 36-10
Hammer low row: 36-10
Shallow smith incline: 38-12
Hammer front pulldown: 38-12
Laterals+ez curls: 410-15 each
Overhead triceps ext+rear delt rows: 210-15 each

Lower

Hammer lp: 210-20
Hammer kneeling leg curl: 28-12
Weighted back ext: 28-20
Seated calf: 3x8-15
Standing calf: 3x8-15
Hanging leg raises: 2xf
Kneeling ab wheel: 2xf
Unread 01-07-2018, 09:27 AM

ate ayce sashimi and nigiri last night ad libitum. around midnight or so was drenched and running hot enough to stand under a cold shower. 2-3 lbs fishhas some srs TEF
Unread 01-09-2018, 09:51 AM

Decided to change my immediate goals. I don't really see this mass gain phase occuring giving the stressors in my life and what not...so for the next few months im just going to try to stay lean without tracking cals/weighing. For the past few wks it has been kinda causing me to obsess over food and causing me undue stress. I will be divvying up my cooked meats to ensure I'm getting at least 8 to 12 oz per meal but beyond that not so much My basic plan is to start protein heavy (semi lean cuts like thighs, top round, pork loin, split chicken breast, liver, lean ground beef) and fill rest with veggies (cabbage squash-spaghetti, summer and winter) and use starches (potatoes of various sorts) mostly pre workout and pre bed. I think by keeping my food choices to be protein heavy, calorie sparse, and satiating, I'll end up with a reasonable intake. yesterday looked like

1) Blend 1 scoop milk protein and 1 scoop whey with instant coffee
2) 6 large egg omlette with 3 small zuchinni and handful of 2% cheddar
3) pre wo: chicken thighs with steamed cabbage and 2 small potatoes
4) post wo/pre bed: lean ground beef and shredded chicken with 2 potatoes, 2 small yellow squash and steamed cabbage
5) midnight snack: a scoop each of whey and mpi with 2% cottage cheese and pb2

Actually felt pretty nice. Stayed full and didnt have my eyes on mymacros+ to allot dinner portions and what not. As you can see I'm not really adding much dietary fat beyond cheese/eggs/meat since I find them easy to overeat. But I'm sure I'm hitting a good amt (just the eggs and cheese was 40g I'm sure) daily so I function well.

Also just dropping to aba bab workouts and gona focus on improving my sleep issues. I'm pretty content with how I look now so I think ill use the spare time to catch up on some reading and maybe join a meet up group or something.

Last edited by w1cked : 01-09-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Unread 02-04-2018, 09:31 AM

Got a little sloppy past couple wks. Had a couple wks off from work and overate from boredom. Back on track easily enough. Trying out Borge's carnivorous diet for a month at least for the hell of it. Pretty ok so fun, have had like 0 bloat /gas/etc in the last 8 days I started. Might be the first time low carbing I had no sleep issues. Been supplementing with 5htp too so that might be it. No gym issues either yet or keto flu or anything. Macros are about 200 to 230p and 160 to 200f. Had an untracked day yesterday with lot of sashimi and what not.

Last edited by w1cked : 02-04-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Unread 02-09-2018, 03:14 PM

First time on such stupid low carbs feeling 100% normal. Sleep is great, gym is great too. Legs getting cut up again, as is face and ab fat. Haven't had cravings or much hunger even, macros are roughly 2.6-2.8k lower days as high as 3.5k (eyeballed, haven't logged much into cronometer other than checking macros on some meats occasionally). Food is eggs/bacon breakfast, with a new york strip or lamb for lunch. Dinner can be same as lunch or some eggs with cheese (brie, blue, gouda, st andre, etc) Reckon I should be pretty damn lean by time spring hits. Oh ya my gut feels great, 0 gas/constipation.

Last edited by w1cked : 02-09-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Unread 02-09-2018, 05:56 PM

Saw Borge's recent diet. Seems interesting if you enjoy it. Hopefully it goes well for you. Some people swear by it.