BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-27-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots2 View Post
Congrats on the new job. 2-hours less commute is magical for you and your family too.

Your perseverance is paying off big time. Ending 2017 on fire. Continue to Build on positives in 2018.
Thanks! I can't wait to get back into weight lifting. My gym membership is possibly even free since it is on a military base and I'm on a contract. It just depends on what benefits contractors get. In some places its free for them; others not so. I will find out early next year.

I'm definitely looking forward to reducing commute. All that sitting and driving is just not good for posture and mental health as well. Between that and grad school I simply didn't have the energy to workout afterwards though still found a way to diet and lose fat anyhow.

I'm at a good base now. Ready to go!

Update on the intermittent fasting:

Still following for the most part. Its very easy to follow Monday-Friday and just stick to 6pm-10pm. On weekends, I let it go but will try to do so for the weekends as well. Thanksgiving was awesome. Probably had 200+ protein easy. Pull-ups I'm progressing on. Need to up push-ups again; been lazy with them. No noticeable fat gains; still sticking with just checking my weight every 2 weeks for the time being.

Last edited by davidjr74 : 11-27-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Unread 12-04-2017, 09:07 AM

Holidays have done there duty for me and I've put on a few pounds. Time to hunker down a little bit the next few weeks to get through Christmas/New Years time frame. Weighed in at 177 pounds this morning (I'm sure a lot of this is just food weight)

Setting some parameters for the coming weeks:

Protein Intake - 177lbs * 85% (assuming 15% bf) = 150 grams of protein
Carbohydrates - Range between 50-100 grams since I function well in Ketosis. Also want minimum 50 to prevent nitrogen loss that I read about in one of Lyle's articles. This combined with the adequate protein intake should ensure I have no muscle loss.
Fat - Makes up the rest of calories

Going to focus on
Eating schedule between 2pm - 10pm
Veggies/Proteins first

I also found out recently I have been cooking vegetables wrong all this time and no wonder they taste like crap (I generally boil and over cook). The proper way to do it from these videos I have watched is to steam them or if you're going to boil to do carrots first (since they're tougher) and than green veggies. I use to boil about 10-12 minutes but that is wholly unnecessary. Best way is to boil with salt, carrots for 3 minutes, most other veggies you toss in and they will cook fairly quickly. When water begins to boil again, you can turn off and be done.

Last edited by davidjr74 : 12-04-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Unread 12-04-2017, 10:08 PM

I'm happy for your newfound veggie knowledge! I love veggies steamed or oven-roasted.
Unread 12-05-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
I'm happy for your newfound veggie knowledge! I love veggies steamed or oven-roasted.
Yeah I can't believe something so simple would make a world of difference in taste. I boiled a pot of water with some salt/peppercorn. Put a strainer on top and tossed in Brocolli, Onion, and Bellpepper. Put on the lid. And waited 4 minutes. Ate with some seasoned salt. Tasted like restaurant style veggies. Was too easy. I used to boil for 12-15 minutes per the instructions on the frozen veggie bag which is wronggggg. Trying to get my veggies in everyday before I eat anything else.

Yesterdays Foods: Bowl of Brocolli/Onion/Bell Pepper, Apple, Tangerine, maybe too many grapes, some popcorn, sardines on crackers, and some pork ribs.
Unread 12-05-2017, 12:34 PM

I still remember the first time I cooked broccoli correctly! I bought some at the farmers' market and I didn't have a pot big enough to boil, so I steamed it. I ate a bite and was like, "Oh, THIS is why people like vegetables!"
Unread 12-11-2017, 10:08 AM

December 9, AM: 174.6lbs

Keeping my eye on the scale. My upper limit is 175lbs. Will check next Saturday morning.
Unread 12-29-2017, 11:20 PM

Weighed exactly 175lbs this morning which is my upper limit. Decided to go on a cut for a few weeks. Nothing drastic. Just maintenance minus 500 which is about 1800 calories a day for me. Will get below 170lbs again (maybe at 168-169) and than go from there.
Unread 01-10-2018, 02:09 PM

First day of work this morning. Getting back into routine. Even getting a standardized diet going:

Breakfast
- 3 eggs cooked in olive oil with salt, hot sauce, and veggie (sometimes onion or green pepper).
- Black coffee with 1/4 cup or so of milk
- Supplements: Fish Oil (3 capsules), 4000 Vitamin D3

Lunch
- Peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread with flax seeds
- Apple and/or Banana

Snack (if any)
- A fruit
-Nuts

Dinner
- 8-12 oz meat source (chicken breast, salmon, pork chops (rarely))
- Cooked greens in garlic & olive oil
- Green Smoothie (kale, spinach, carrots, banana, berries.

Work in progress but I'm aiming for high fat, moderate protein, and carbs coming only from fruits & veggies.

Tracking weight everyday and running a 7 day average.
Unread 02-06-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjr74 View Post
Weighed exactly 175lbs this morning which is my upper limit. Decided to go on a cut for a few weeks. Nothing drastic. Just maintenance minus 500 which is about 1800 calories a day for me. Will get below 170lbs again (maybe at 168-169) and than go from there.
Been dieting ok for 2 weeks following a flexible approach. The stress of a new job made me go haywire most of January. Today Im glad to report 178. Down from 183! Which is shocking because I was racing towarda pre-rfl which I vowed not to do.
Unread 02-09-2018, 08:21 PM

1800 calories is pretty easy to stick to. I'm planning a refeed on Sunday with higher carbs, moderate fat, rest protein at my maintenance calories; bodyweight x 15.