BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Protein Book
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-22-2008, 10:04 AM

fwiw, I eat around 225g protein per day, and I usually end up eating about 100g for my last meal. I have been doing this for months on end, with no problems. I have done the whole 30g protein at every meal crap too. Since I have been on both sides I have concluded there is no difference regarding protein digestion when varying meal frequency. make sure you get the desired amount of protein in and worry about more important issues.
Unread 11-22-2008, 11:09 AM

IMO or FWIW or whatever

2 150g protein meal < effective than 5 60g protein meals.

wouldnt spiking amino acid levels be more anabolic throughout the day?
Unread 11-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Administrator

it depends and it took me pages in the protein book to cover this.

there is probably a happy medium between two monstro meals and 6 tiny meals. like 4 meals spread reasonably far apart.
basically
a. there is research that maintaining too constant a level of amino acids can actaully be DETRIMENTAL to growth
b. spiking amino acids can be beneficial in terms of protein synthesis
c. some data suggests that lowering protein breakdown has a greater impact overall anyhow
Unread 11-25-2008, 12:40 AM

JC how do you get that much protein in your last meal when you have one of your taco bell attacks

I dunno I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post., but I tend to have 50 gr protein intra/pre work out, ~75 post work out, and then ~100 last meal in the IF window

And I'm starting to hate IF. Sometime I just wanna have a goddamned muffin with my coffee on the way to school HAHA
Unread 11-25-2008, 12:43 AM

have your cake and eat it too then. lose fat and gain muscle while you're at it.
Unread 11-25-2008, 12:44 AM

aww come on thats easy, mr 10 lbs LBM gain in 10 months...

just has to be slooooooooow

or with needles
Unread 11-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
define 'single' sitting for me

the problem with the whole idea of 'you can only use XXX protein per meal' is that 'a meal' is never defined. and, as notd in other threads, bodybuidlers tend to think that digestion happens a lot faster than it does

maximum rates of protein digestion may be about 10 g/hour (this is tough to get an accurate value for). 60 grams protein takes 6 hours to digest and you're pretty mcuh always overlapping meals with any decent meal frequency

Quick Question....Lets say I am trying to lose fat and I have a cheat meal which has a ton of protein...like I eat 9 homemade chicken tenders (with 100% whole wheat flour lightly coated on them and then pan fried with a little coconut oil) averaging 2.5 ounces a piece that's 22.5 ounces of chicken breast....at 25 grams every 3 oz thats roughly 7.5x25= 187 grams of protein in one sitting....

Are you saying this will take 18 hours to digest and absorb fully into my body?
What would be likely to happen if this high amount of protein was consumed in one meal? Would some of the protein spill over into fat gain? (after glycogen stores are filled and protein needs for repair are met-assuming im glycogen depleted)

Pugs
Unread 11-25-2009, 02:32 PM

So let me get this straight...you think you can refill glycogen stores and gain fat when in a deficit? Think about that.
Unread 11-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley_f5 View Post
Quick Question....Lets say I am trying to lose fat and I have a cheat meal which has a ton of protein...like I eat 9 homemade chicken tenders (with 100% whole wheat flour lightly coated on them and then pan fried with a little coconut oil) averaging 2.5 ounces a piece that's 22.5 ounces of chicken breast....at 25 grams every 3 oz thats roughly 7.5x25= 187 grams of protein in one sitting....

Are you saying this will take 18 hours to digest and absorb fully into my body?
What would be likely to happen if this high amount of protein was consumed in one meal? Would some of the protein spill over into fat gain? (after glycogen stores are filled and protein needs for repair are met-assuming im glycogen depleted)

Pugs
Quick question: which of the following words are unclear?

"maximum rates of protein digestion may be about 10 g/hour (this is tough to get an accurate value for). 60 grams protein takes 6 hours to digest and you're pretty mcuh always overlapping meals with any decent meal frequency"
Unread 11-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radaar View Post
So let me get this straight...you think you can refill glycogen stores and gain fat when in a deficit? Think about that.
Well considering I could eat a huge amount of carbs in one sitting which could refill my glycogen stores and once they are full the rest go to fat store....would this not be plausible?