BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Protein Book
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Of course someone can scan it. It's still one more hurdle compared to just having an e-book version for people to put on their sites or upload.
Unread 07-11-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Of course someone can scan it. It's still one more hurdle compared to just having an e-book version for people to put on their sites or upload.
People need to realize that an incremental reduction of a problem can be a worthwhile goal.

Just because one can't eliminate piracy doesn't mean that cost-effective steps to limit its effects shouldn't be taken.

Who would argue that we shouldn't have a police force because there's no way we'll ever stop all violent crime?
Unread 07-12-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t45k View Post
Who would argue that we shouldn't have a police force because there's no way we'll ever stop all violent crime?
The criminals?
Unread 07-21-2010, 02:57 AM

I'm all for stopping the pirates however the way publishing is going people expect to be able to read a book they bought on their IPad or Kindle or PC etc. There are other ways you can secure Ebooks that add a similar measure of pain to the would be pirate.
Unread 07-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Administrator

I've been involved with computers since the 80's, I remember every silly copy protection scheme that came down the pike. All they did was cause pain to the legal end-user. Pirates cracked all of it. Pirates still crack all of it and I remain unconvinced that any of the new e-book stuff has changed that.
Unread 07-21-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark16 View Post
I'm all for stopping the pirates however the way publishing is going people expect to be able to read a book they bought on their IPad or Kindle or PC etc. There are other ways you can secure Ebooks that add a similar measure of pain to the would be pirate.
I decided not to get a Kindle about two weeks ago because none of the books that I've wanted to read recently have been available on Kindle. Maybe it's just bad luck, but Kindle selection was batting .000 for me.
Unread 07-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Administrator

And wandering through Barnes and Nobles yesterday, real books don't seem to be slowing down that I can see. So until I see a compelling reason to go back to digital formats, I'm not going to.
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
And wandering through Barnes and Nobles yesterday, real books don't seem to be slowing down that I can see. So until I see a compelling reason to go back to digital formats, I'm not going to.
I actually prefer real books, something about it cant be replicated with an ebook.
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Administrator

As do I, which i think is mainly an age/generational thing. I suspect that, going forwards, younger folks will have less overall attachment to 'real books' just as a function of not being raised with nothing but.
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:18 PM

I just think it's more convenient and comfortable to grab a book and read it on the couch or whatever vs. reading it from a computer screen.

I bought RFL in electronic format but if I had to do it again I'd probably grab the book. Different people like different stuff though. I guess it could also be an age thing like Lyle mentioned.