BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-22-2011, 07:31 AM

Default Tender Chicken Breasts

For those on a low-carb diet.

Marinate a chicken breast in equal parts of olive oil and soy sauce, along with some finely chopped garlic. Use just enough of the liquids to ensure the chicken has a nice oily coating. Pan Fry on high medium-heat until done. The chicken will come out restaurant tender and delicious. The oil will prevent burning or any dryness. I hate powder-dry chicken breasts.

It sounds very simple, but the deliciousness is derived from its simplicity.

I highly recommend the same technique for lamb chops, or cuts of red meat that you intend to barbecue over a charcoal grill. The salt in the soy sauce will help to give the meat a salty crust.
Unread 01-22-2011, 12:13 PM

I always wonder how places like Jack in the Crack and Chic-Fila make their chicken. It's always so tender and juicy. I can never replicate it. Not that mine taste horrible, but just not the same as theirs. Must be the trans-fat
Unread 01-23-2011, 11:29 PM

Yeah its really tricky to get that Chili's TGI Friday's-style chicken tenderness. It took me a lot of time to discover how to do it.

The 2 Key Elements of tender chicken breasts:
1) Medium-High Heat. Treat the chicken breast almost like a steak
2) SUFFICIENT fat. Doesn't mean it has to be deep fried, but a small amount of oil seems to make the meat more tender.

A third element is that I've found defrosted chicken breasts to end up more tender than fresh. But that's just anecdotal. And oh yeah... eat the chicken right ater cooking! If I leave it in the fridge and reheat it, it comes out a lot more dry.

Practice until you get it right. Good luck.
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:39 AM

Sounds delicious, nice
Unread 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM

Default ver easy, very tender low carb chicken recipe

3-6 chicken breasts leave skin on
preheat oven to 450 F

DRY CHICKEN THOROUGHLY This is very important. Use lots of paper towels and get all visible moisture off of the meat.
salt and pepper lightly but ADD NO MOISTURE OR OIL OF ANY KIND

roast chicken for 45 -55 minutes depending on the size/number of breasts. Chicken is done when skin is a medium golden brown and meat juices run clear.

The skin comes out crispy and delicious but, more importantly, the chicken meat itself is very, very tender and moist and retains its moisture for days in the fridge.

If you're avoiding fat, give the skin to someone who isn't and just enjoy the breast meat in salads, etc.