BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-20-2011, 10:48 AM

Default High protein recipes (and cheap fast food suggestion)

There are three that I'm quite fond of and one fast food suggestion:

Strawberry pudding
-1 c 0% Fage greek yogurt
-1 scoop of Extreme Formulations UP (strawberry flavor casein protein)
-.25 c 1% milk
- .5 frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbspn ground flax seed

Mix the yogurt and milk first. Once it's decently well mixed, mix in the strawberry flavored casein protein powder and mix very well. Once it's reached a pudding like consistency, mix in the frozen strawberries and ground flax seed.

I like to prepare this at night and let it all settle overnight to get a nice consistency and defrost the frozen strawberries within the pudding. It tastes delicious.

Protein pancake taco
-1 c of original egg beaters
-2 small splenda packets
- .5 teaspons ceylon cinammon (very tasty type of cinammon, found in specialty stores)
- 2 oz (or whatever you want) of deli turkey (I favor applegate or boar's head, something without additives)

Mix all together very well (I use an electric handheld mixer), then I pour into an 8 inch skillet and cover. Once the pancake is mostly done, I then flip by putting it on a griddle (I know it causes you to use more dishes, but so far this is the easiest way for to flip the large pancake).

Once the pancake is done, put it on a plate, take the deli turkey, cut it into pieces with your hand, and put it on one side of the pancake. I like to wrap it and eat like a taco.

Mustard crusted chicken breast tenderloins
-2 lbs chicken tenderloins
-.75 c mustard
-2 eggs
-canola oil
-3 c Maseca (Mexican cornmeal)
-salt to taste
-I like to use a Costco brand non-salt seasoning as well

In a large bowl, put in .75 c mustard (or more if needed) , add the two eggs, and mix thoroughly (add salt and other condiments to taste). Place chicken breast tenderloins in the mix and make sure they are well covered as you move them around with your hand. Let them sit for 10 mins.

In another large bowl place the Maseca (Mexican cornmeal). I eye balled it last time but think it was about 3 c. Anyway, one by one, bring the mustard covered chicken breast tenderloins and cover them both sides with the cornmeal (it will stick because of the mustard). As you set them up, place them aside on a large plate.

On the stove, set up your skillet(s) and add just enough canola oil to cover the bottom. Pan fry the chicken breast tenderloins (on each side until golden brown) and set them aside on a paper towel to take off the extra oil.

The mustard gives it a very nice taste.

On the run fastfood
You can go to Chik Fil A and order the Spicy Chicken sandwich and get it without the buns and they will reduce the cost so you only pay for the chicken patty. The pickles are free. When I'm in a rush, I'll get two spicy chicken patties, some pickles, and mustard packs, and I think each patty was like $2.39.
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:28 PM

Very good post, but I'm puzzled by this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12914 View Post
Protein pancake taco
-1 c of original egg beaters
-2 small splenda packets
- .5 teaspons ceylon cinammon (very tasty type of cinammon, found in specialty stores)
- 2 oz (or whatever you want) of deli turkey (I favor applegate or boar's head, something without additives)

Mix all together very well (I use an electric handheld mixer), then I pour into an 8 inch skillet and cover. Once the pancake is mostly done, I then flip by putting it on a griddle (I know it causes you to use more dishes, but so far this is the easiest way for to flip the large pancake).

Once the pancake is done, put it on a plate, take the deli turkey, cut it into pieces with your hand, and put it on one side of the pancake. I like to wrap it and eat like a taco.
You really put turkey on a cinnamon pancake? This tastes good?
Unread 05-25-2011, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyer View Post
Very good post, but I'm puzzled by this one:

Yes, sir. I use smoked or regular roasted deli turkey (without additives). To me, it does taste good because it adds another aspect to the protein pancake. Otherwise the protein pancake ends up being very large and without anything in it, can be a little boring.
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
You are obviously not American..

Pancakes wrapped around sausages are common. They also have no qualms about putting their pancakes and syrup on the same plate as the bacon and eggs and letting the syrup get all over the meat.

I guess when one thinks about it it really isn't that much different to using a fruity glaze on a roast or mint jelly.
Unread 05-25-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkai View Post
You are obviously not American..

Pancakes wrapped around sausages are common. They also have no qualms about putting their pancakes and syrup on the same plate as the bacon and eggs and letting the syrup get all over the meat.

I guess when one thinks about it it really isn't that much different to using a fruity glaze on a roast or mint jelly.
Oh don't worry, I'm all about the syrup on everything. One of my favorite PSMF-ish meals is ground turkey sausage w/ sf maple syrup all over it. I'd probably add some to this recipe as well. At around only 40 calories in 1/4 cup, it's well worth it for me.
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Oh don't worry, I'm all about the syrup on everything. One of my favorite PSMF-ish meals is ground turkey sausage w/ sf maple syrup all over it. I'd probably add some to this recipe as well. At around only 40 calories in 1/4 cup, it's well worth it for me.
Lol, each to their own I guess. I love maple syrup (the real stuff, never liked any of the fake stuff but that's probably cause I can't stand splenda) especially all over my pancakes but keep it off my meat..

I'm so looking forward to getting back to Europe/UK and getting food that isn't so chock full of sugar.