BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-25-2011, 06:08 PM

Default Faux Pizza Recipe

This recipe is great recipe for faux/fake pizza with an egg beater crust. It's pretty deece and quite filling. I've got numerous variations on the same basic concept like BBQ chicken and ham and swiss. The one pictured below is a chicken and beef version and the macros are roughly 800 cal, 17g fat, 20g carbs, and 135g protein. I'm also quite certain you could adjust it to be PSMF friendly, I just haven't done a PSMF since thinking it up. I'm a f'ing IF'er and it's great for the first meal on rest days. Here's the recipe.

1. Turn your oven to broil and get a standard 11-13 inch non-stick pan and coat lightly with non-stick spray.
2. On medium heat (don't rush this or flipping becomes hard/messy) cook 3 cups (24oz) of egg beaters/egg whites (any brand) just like you're cooking an omelet.
3. When it's completely solid and there is no more liquid egg, carefully flip the entire thing over and cook a couple more minutes.
4. Carefully slide the whole thing onto a pizza pan or cookie sheet.
5. Lightly cover with pizza sauce.
6. Evenly distribute 4oz. very lean ground beef and 4oz. shredded chicken breast.
7. Sprinkle on 56 grams of reduced fat (2% milk) mozzarella cheese and add ground pepper, oregano and thyme.
8. Put in oven under the broiler until the cheese is melted and starts to brown.
9. Remove and enjoy on of the best meals you've ever had while recomping.

Note - You can't really hold it like pizza so use a fork.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gillette...74829979465026
Unread 01-27-2011, 12:18 PM

Thanks for the recipe.

Due to boredom and a surplus of egg whites I attempted an RFL friendly version of this today. Was far from perfect in terms of macro's, ended up at - 710cals, 126pro, 10g cho, 17g fat. I used lean ham and chicken breast, and swapped the pizza sauce for diced tomatoes.

The main thing that messed it up in terms of macros was the lack of anything approaching low-fat cheese in most shops in the UK.

Only problem I had cooking was that the egg whites bubbled a bit, and so didn't end up of a very even thickness.

Might tinker with the recipe a bit. Wouldn't be something I would have often on RFL (unless I find better cheese) but could be a good way of using up spare egg whites.
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:59 AM

Substituting with turkey, fish , and chicken can lower the fat. Kraft makes a fat free shredded cheddar that would bring the fat down even more. Salsa instead of tomato sauce can give it a kick but i doubt it would still taste like pizza at that point.
Unread 01-30-2011, 06:24 PM

That looks god-damned delicious, thanks
Unread 01-30-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
...Only problem I had cooking was that the egg whites bubbled a bit, and so didn't end up of a very even thickness....
I 'poke' the egg whites with a fork as they cook to get rid of the larger bubbles.
Unread 01-30-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles.Buckley View Post
I 'poke' the egg whites with a fork as they cook to get rid of the larger bubbles.
Good call.

I tried it again today with an even lower gas, and that helped also.

Another little tip, a lid on the pan made the top cook through quicker.
Unread 02-06-2011, 10:18 AM

Thanks for adding the tips about the bubbles and the lid. I forgot to add those details.