BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-10-2009, 02:07 PM

I'm no stranger to an Oly plate set up (see my original post) space is more the issue right now. Oly plates would just be too big and bulky to have laying about. The only reason I considered the standard plates aside from the price, is that they are smaller, and easier to stack under a chair.

I think I am just going to wait until the new year and hopefully something will pop up. I can get away with bodyweight work for now, since I am cutting/maintaining at the moment. Thanks for posting.
Unread 12-13-2009, 08:11 AM

I was looking at purchasing an adjustable set of dumbbells a while ago. The "PowerBlock Urethane Series" was at the top of the list, but I ended up going for the "Bowflex 1090s" (because I could purchase them cheaper) and ultimately regretted it.

The "Bowflex 1090s" were terrible. The weight plate holders (which were made of a weak plastic compound) kept getting stress fractures (on the two largest weight plates) and I had to keep sending them back for repairs. I even had to learn how to repair them myself because they were breaking so frequently. Eventually, I got sick of the weight plates almost falling on my feet/head and demanded a refund.

I will definitely be getting the "PowerBlock Urethane Series" next time and I would highly recommend avoiding the "Bowflex" products.
Unread 12-13-2009, 08:37 AM

Yeah, I always heard the bowflex were terrible. Urethanes look nice and durable, but are even more expensive than the regular powerblock line.
Unread 12-13-2009, 08:46 AM

Yeah, they are. The only reason I would go for the "Urethane Series" is because they seem more durable and generate less noise (which is handy when being considerate of housemates). Probably not worth the extra expense if you live alone.
Unread 12-13-2009, 09:56 AM

I'm relegated to the basement, so no worries of keeping anyone awake.