BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Ketogenic Diet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-24-2009, 07:47 PM

Default Reached a Plateau

Hi, i've been on the keto diet since March. I dropped from 220 to 204 but i've been stuck there for about 6 weeks.

Routine is intense to the point of depletion by thursday or friday. Start Carb-up on Saturday due to my work schedule and my carb-ups are 2 days.
Mondays I feel strong as ever after my carb-ups.

My intake at the time was around 2200 calories a day give or take. But saw no decrease in weight but I would never gain a single pound by the time a weight myself the morning before my next carb-up. I would just stay steady at 204 by the end of the week.

Food has been very clean. Carb-up cheat would be ice-cream but thats it. Everything else is rice, oatmeal, fruits, milk, rice puff type chips, etc.

So as of last week I dropped to 1 carb up day. Increased cardio to 1 hour sessions about 3 to 4 times a week. Take longer rest days after muscle training and that is where I squeeze in longer cardio time. Bought some yohimbine HCL as well.

Early this week I saw 203 for the first time but today this morning I was at 205. Caloric intake lately has been around 1700 to 1800 calories a day.

Any additional input would help thanks.
Unread 07-24-2009, 09:51 PM

Extra weight is from water retention due to to much exercise on to few calories. Take a two week diet break, cut back your volume in the gym and reduce cardio.

When you start again I promise the weight will come off.
Unread 07-25-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inque View Post
Extra weight is from water retention due to to much exercise on to few calories.
hmm I never heard of that before. What about fat lass. Same thing?
Unread 07-25-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queloque View Post
hmm I never heard of that before. What about fat lass. Same thing?
You've still been losing fat, its just masked by the water retention. I bet if you take a diet break and cut back your exercise for a few weeks you will be suprised by how your weight reacts. Lyle has some good articles on this site about this very topic, you should go read them.
Unread 07-25-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
You've still been losing fat, its just masked by the water retention. I bet if you take a diet break and cut back your exercise for a few weeks you will be suprised by how your weight reacts. Lyle has some good articles on this site about this very topic, you should go read them.
Where can I find them? I can't imagine not going to the gym for more than a couple of weeks. Actually I would prefer not to since I'm paying for it. What are some typical workouts during this break?
Unread 07-26-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queloque View Post
Where can I find them? I can't imagine not going to the gym for more than a couple of weeks. Actually I would prefer not to since I'm paying for it. What are some typical workouts during this break?
You still go to the gym, you just cut either volume, frequency, or intensity.

Some people like to cut back there poundages on all there lifts by 20% and work back up (intensity). Cuting intensity tends to give the joins a break. Others will reduce volume by 2/3 and work it back up over the break while keeping poundages the same. Different methods work better for different people.

The important thing is to cut back in some way to give your body a break. As for cutting back cardio, just cut the duration. So if you had been doing 60 min four times a week, cut back to 20m four times a week.
Unread 07-26-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
You still go to the gym, you just cut either volume, frequency, or intensity.

Some people like to cut back there poundages on all there lifts by 20% and work back up (intensity). Cuting intensity tends to give the joins a break. Others will reduce volume by 2/3 and work it back up over the break while keeping poundages the same. Different methods work better for different people.

The important thing is to cut back in some way to give your body a break. As for cutting back cardio, just cut the duration. So if you had been doing 60 min four times a week, cut back to 20m four times a week.
Great advice. Thanks!!!