BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-23-2018, 03:34 PM

Default rest (growth) periods

Hi everybody.
First of all, forgive my not perfect english, I am not a mothertongue.

I've done a 10 weeks cycle of UD2 and i am impressed by the positive resuts i had (6/7 % BF with muscles, age 45... really happy... thanks Lyle!)
I literally have fallen in love with this approach and i have decided to follow the UD2 protocol all the year long.
I think i will follow 8 weeks UD2 alternated with 2 weeks normal diet, as Lyle suggests.
I also think i'll switch to the mass building variation suggested by lyle in the end of the book.

All this said, my question:
the only thing i cannot fully understand in lyle's approach is the resting period between the different trainings, needed to build muscles.
I have always thought that "natural" bodybuilders need a lot of days (I usually wait 7) before training again the same muscle in order to let it "grow" (hypertrophy or, if you believe it, also hyperplasia)

Now, with the UD2 approach you don't let your muscles rest more than 48 hours .
Let's say you train biceps on monday, (pump/depletion) then thursday (tension), then Saturday (power)... no more than 48 hrs to grow.
If we assume that the "more anabolic" training is the power one, only 48 hrs before another stress on the same muscle.

Ok, I've read about the lyle's friend theory (haycock, page 41)and, after all, i also saw it works, but it was a definition-loosing fat period.

Is it the same for a mass building approach, according to you, or should we let our muscles rest/grow a little more?

Could it be a good idea, for example, to skip the thursday training and anticipate the volume one (anabolic) on friday (high carb day)?

What do you think ?
Unread 07-24-2018, 02:04 AM

No. It would not be a good idea. Intensity workout upregulates your ribosome activity and mRNA levels and sets your for a maximal growth from the workout ahead (power workout). On the contraire to your belief that you need to wait 7 days. Natural bodybuilders need to stimulate muscle more frequently in order to make it grow.
Unread 07-24-2018, 06:52 AM

thanks 4 your reply, yes, it sounds logic (even if i am still a little worried about training again the same muscle after the power workout with only 48 hrs rest, considering in particular the fact that with the mass version the first 2 training are not volume/depletion anymore)

So, even for the mass version, you would reccomend the 4 (2+1+1) trainings/week protocol?

Btw, has someone tried it with good results (and with the reccomendations given in the book or with adaptations)?

thanks again