BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-31-2018, 05:38 PM

Carb load recap.

I think the carbload went well. Used my experience with UD2.0 and tailored it. My sugar was a little on the high side. Next time I would probably miss the two bananas and that will keep near 50grams.

Body weight went up to 98.5kg which was pleases. That is only 0.9kg increase or just under two pounds. The carb up complemented a barbell / Olympic lifting class last night.

Will just do some cardio today as fairly sore.
Unread 08-01-2018, 06:36 PM

Day 8: 98.5kg (-1.5kg)
Day 9: 97.5kg (-2.5kg)

Water weight from the carb load appears to have come off in the most part so only a kilo to loose until next carb up. Have the free meal Friday night (small italian restaurant - 2 glasses of wine). also have a 6 hour hike on saturday which should do some good.

Will aim for the upper body work out today. Been trying to work this into a crossfit gym (not doing high intensity but isnt really working). Will put the membership on hold whilst I am doing this.
Unread 08-02-2018, 06:39 PM

Week 2: Day 10
97.0kg (-3.0kg)

Nice little whoosh over night - was slightly worried when I went to bed because that meant a 1.5kg drop over night and there you have it. the Body is a funny thing.

Run at lunch. Free meal tonight. Long walk tomorrow to burn off the free meal tonight.

I also realised that I am fatter than what I think I am.
Unread 08-05-2018, 07:04 PM

Week 2 Day 11 98.0 (-2.0kg) - a couple of pounds from the free meal on Friday night then walked it off Saturday with a 13km walk in the mountains. A bloody big snake crossed my path. Lucky the fella just carried on without any fuss.

Week 2 Day 12 97.1 (-2.9kg) - rest day - mooched around got some sun. Did some Sunday chores.

Week 2 Day 13 96.5kg (-3.5kg) - pretty surprised by this mornings drop. I feel like my body gets some momentum after a bit of slow first week. We will see. Adherence is good. Looking forward to the carb up tomorrow. Some 5x5 training tonight Squat bench and row. Maybe squeeze a few extra grams out tonight but hit this weeks goal a day early.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Week 2 progress.jpg (22.8 KB, 6 views)
Unread 08-06-2018, 07:01 PM

Week 2 Day 14 --> 96.5kg -3.5kg / 7.7lbs

Week 2 down and 3.5kg lost. Fairly happy with that. The picture in the above post so some good progress. In certain light abs are beginning to come through and the top arch of my rib cage is quite prominent. Hit my goal too.

Aiming for a carb load today of somewhere between 350-400grams. My bookends are 270g - 540grms. I have some vegemite flavoured bagels - looking forward to those, followed by gnocchi for dinner and maybe some cereal.

Started a 5 x 5 programe.

Also did a 3RM back squat PR at 155kg last night. Good to see strength hasn't declined.

Squat 5x5 100kg
Bench 5 X 5 60,65,70,75,80
Barbell Row, 40,45,50,55,60

Accessories 5 x5 neutral grip chin ups.

Last edited by Neilnacarter : 08-06-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Unread 08-07-2018, 06:38 PM

Week 3 Day 15 97.7kg (-2.3kg)

The carb load did its usual wonders. A gain of 1.2kgs. That is OK. It is expected. I haven't been to the toilet yet either so I imagine that a lot of the food is still in by gut.

Carbs 430g, Fats 60, Protein 190. Good day. Bagels made me the carb load a lot easier and werent too heavy. The poke bowl wasn't a good choice. I can see why people have issues with bloating when consuming rice.

Some PRs on the shoulder weights yesterday.

85kg Strict Press
95kg 3 X push press.

Hopefully the weight will drop off over next couple of days.

Things to look forward to this week.
- mate is in town from london (free meal friday or saturday with a beer)
- broccolli and chicken soup
- solid training and continue lifting heavy
Unread 08-08-2018, 06:23 PM

Week 3 Day 2 (Just changing the day count. Becoming confusing)
96.3kg (-3.7kg / -8.2lbs

Nice little whoosh from the carb load coming off yesterday. Didn't actually expect it so it was a nice surprise. Onward to the 95.5kg goal for the beginning of week 4.

Training yesterday 45 minute run.
Unread 08-09-2018, 05:46 PM

Week 3 Day 3
97.7kg -3.4kg

Funny increase in weight. Body is a strange thing. I did drink 1.5 litres of water after training last night when I came home and also made a chicken and broccoli soup with chicken stock so perhaps and bit of water retention from the sodium in take. Who knows. I look a lot leaner - thats all that matters right?

This weekend will be tough. I have a friend in from uni days. Luckily only two nights. There will be drinks. I may stick to wine and try and make sensible choices with eating. I know it wont derail the diet as I can get back to it Sunday, but still, it is not ideal.

However deficit over the week should not create too much of an issue. Overthinking - probably. Still have 5 weeks until holidays.
Unread 08-12-2018, 06:08 PM

Default Free Weekend

Week 3 Day 6
97.5kg -3.6kg

Let's just call that a free weekend. Uni mate was in town had a blow out. Actually didn't put on any weight. Back on track.

Wont do the carb load this week as I think I made up for it over the weekend or maybe a mini 200g carbs or something normal.
Unread 08-13-2018, 06:20 PM

Week 3 Day 7
95.9kg -4.1kg

Nice bit of progress after last night. This chicken and broccoli soup appears to be the sweet spot with me. No training yesterday just a morning surf.

No photo either will upload another one at week 5 progress.

I missed the goal by 400grams. I will try and make it up this week as my uni mate has gone home and very few distractions.

Back to the gym tonight for a heavy lifting class.

Messed up the maths on two previous posts should be 2.3kg and 2.5kg respectively.

Last edited by Neilnacarter : 08-13-2018 at 06:23 PM.