BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Stubborn Fat Solution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-25-2013, 03:13 PM

Default Yohimbine and Ketone Levels

I have a blood ketone meter and am generally in low ketosis. I've just started Yohimbine (I'm a female with about 18% bf) to lose the last 3-4 pounds of stubborn fat, and it seems to drop my blood ketone levels. Has anyone experienced this, or Lyle could you explain why and/or if it matters? I take 1.2 mg HCL fasted with caffeine, work out, and eat about 2 hours post work-out (for total of 15 hours fast), eat very low carbs (<30 net g/day). My ketones will drop from .7/.8 (which isn't as high as I'd like to begin with), and drop to .1 in the 1/2 hour post workout. Thanks.
Unread 09-09-2016, 08:29 AM

Default You're burning them!

Old thread, but I thought it might be worth replying in case anyone else is puzzled about this.

I'm no expert, but the way I understand this is that the kidneys flush out excess ketones in the blood. If you're taking Yohimbine and burning them off, they will get used for a while instead of getting flushed by the kidneys - I think this is what is happening. IMO it would be the expected result.
Unread 09-10-2016, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidyut View Post
Old thread, but I thought it might be worth replying in case anyone else is puzzled about this.

I'm no expert, but the way I understand this is that the kidneys flush out excess ketones in the blood. If you're taking Yohimbine and burning them off, they will get used for a while instead of getting flushed by the kidneys - I think this is what is happening. IMO it would be the expected result.
Like every word of that is wrong. Kidneys flush ketones to blood? No. Just no.