BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-29-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Are there any supplements (e.g. test boosters...) that are not a great idea to use habitually because of the health concerns, but that could be used 2-3 weeks a year that would help with recovery in special situations like this.
Unread 07-29-2009, 09:22 AM

I know it did wonders for Barry Bonds, but I'm looking for something just a touch less crazy. Preferably something that doesn't require injection.
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:23 AM

Repeating again: try citrulline malate. Especially when you're new to those supplements it works crazy well even at lower doses.
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:42 AM

I've used Xtend (not to be confused with Extendz) in the past and never got much help from it.
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:36 PM

Then it's probably an individual thing. Some are really totally taken aback by the effect of it.
Beta-alanine is another supp that might help but generally I'd not see it as a recovery supp but more as one to help endure higher volume but maybe that is what you are looking for?

Then to take a totally different approach .. if it comes to actually reducing the side-effect of having painful legs:
1 extreme low-carbing always resulted in an absence of DOMS .. however it also makes you slow as molasses when you're not fat -adapted
2 daily massage.. if you don't have access to a massage therapist try to take equipment with you that might do the trick for self-massage.. perhaps even as simple as a tennis ball for the back. Upper legs have the advantage of being able to reach with your thumbs. The place where I apply self-massage most of the time is the groin area which gets quite painful after squat days.