BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-03-2016, 11:13 PM

Default Really Extreme Rapid Fat Loss

Hello guys,

I'm a 24 year old male, about 192 cm (6'4) and after some personal life problems I reached the wonderful weight of 130 kg (286 lbs). So, being really impatient I read most of the articles on Lyle's website and of course stopped right at this research review (the one that involves 8 hours of walking per day, severe caloric restriction and some arm cranking).

Now, I started my own similar program (details below) 2 weeks ago and as of today, I am sitting at 105 kg (231 lbs). I'm posting this in the hope that it will help someone in a similar situation as me and probably just as insane.

Nutrition
  • ~200 grams of protein per day, mainly from chicken breast and milk isolate (the latter I used only when I just couldn't force myself to eat "solid" food and reach my target protein).
  • 15 capsules of antarctic krill oil (considering the brand I use, I get 1050 mg EPA, 495 mg DHA, 375 mg Choline, 800 mcg Astaxanthin
  • Generic multi-vitamin powder and electrolyte powder
  • 5 g Cayenne + 5 g black pepper + 5 g turmeric
  • 1 liter of black tea, usually in the morning and another liter of green tea in the evening

Exercise

I usually try and walk at a leisure pace for about 8 hours a day, usually hitting the 45 km mark. I then take an ice cold bath (not for the magical properties, but just to ease the pain in my legs). Afterwards, I try to listen and some music and do some light shadowboxing for about 2 hours. If I feel that I can do more, I usually walk some more for about 2 hours at a more alerted pace (usually this happens 3-4 times a week).

This is basically it, I will continue to update my log a couple of times a week. I want to continue this for about 2 weeks (or until my legs fall of - not that far away it seems), afterwards I will switch to a psmf combined with weight training for another 2 weeks and then to a maintenance regime with full body training routines (beginner bulking, most likely).

Some other personal observations (of course, they are subjective as hell):

My skin is lighter, dryer (but not arid), basically that oily skin or hair is gone completely.
I seem to have lost a lot of fat mainly from my face and legs (almost got rid of the double chin completely).
As far as I can tell, no lose strength wise.
I can't usually sleep more than 6 hours.
I'm feeling more alert, focused and awake. I can now usually concentrate better.
Unread 11-04-2016, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hello guys,

I'm a 24 year old male, about 192 cm (6'4) and after some personal life problems I reached the wonderful weight of 130 kg (286 lbs). So, being really impatient I read most of the articles on Lyle's website and of course stopped right at this research review (the one that involves 8 hours of walking per day, severe caloric restriction and some arm cranking).

Now, I started my own similar program (details below) 2 weeks ago and as of today, I am sitting at 105 kg (231 lbs). I'm posting this in the hope that it will help someone in a similar situation as me and probably just as insane.

Nutrition
  • ~200 grams of protein per day, mainly from chicken breast and milk isolate (the latter I used only when I just couldn't force myself to eat "solid" food and reach my target protein).
  • 15 capsules of antarctic krill oil (considering the brand I use, I get 1050 mg EPA, 495 mg DHA, 375 mg Choline, 800 mcg Astaxanthin
  • Generic multi-vitamin powder and electrolyte powder
  • 5 g Cayenne + 5 g black pepper + 5 g turmeric
  • 1 liter of black tea, usually in the morning and another liter of green tea in the evening

Exercise

I usually try and walk at a leisure pace for about 8 hours a day, usually hitting the 45 km mark. I then take an ice cold bath (not for the magical properties, but just to ease the pain in my legs). Afterwards, I try to listen and some music and do some light shadowboxing for about 2 hours. If I feel that I can do more, I usually walk some more for about 2 hours at a more alerted pace (usually this happens 3-4 times a week).

This is basically it, I will continue to update my log a couple of times a week. I want to continue this for about 2 weeks (or until my legs fall of - not that far away it seems), afterwards I will switch to a psmf combined with weight training for another 2 weeks and then to a maintenance regime with full body training routines (beginner bulking, most likely).

Some other personal observations (of course, they are subjective as hell):

My skin is lighter, dryer (but not arid), basically that oily skin or hair is gone completely.
I seem to have lost a lot of fat mainly from my face and legs (almost got rid of the double chin completely).
As far as I can tell, no lose strength wise.
I can't usually sleep more than 6 hours.
I'm feeling more alert, focused and awake. I can now usually concentrate better.
56lbs in 2 weeks is approximately a 14k deficit a day (not accounting for water weight). This sounds pretty ridiculous and definitely not sustainable. What do you estimate your bodyfat to have been at the start?
Unread 11-04-2016, 07:03 AM

One time I cut 50 pounds in three months, but I laid down a lot.
Unread 11-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Banned

Based on what you described, you should be approaching a deficit of ~5000 kcal each day. Counting ~2000 from food and ~3000 from activity. Disregarding that your body is totally crashing and your hormones are blowing trough the back of your skull, you can expect to lose about ~5 kg each week. Two weeks, of course, would be ~10 kg. Of course, in its own regard, this is an insane amount!

Now, you say you've lost 25 kg in 2 weeks. Of course, a lot of that is water weight and intestine content. I'm not sure if that can amount to ~15 kg. That sounds way too much. Where is my error?

I'm curious what your weight drop was in the last week alone. My best guess is that it is a lot less than the first week, right?

Last edited by semipartial : 11-04-2016 at 07:21 AM.
Unread 11-04-2016, 10:40 AM

Well accurate title is accurate.

Most I ever lost in 2 weeks was a bit under 8% of starting body weight.

You've lost more like 19% in 2 weeks.

Since you are 24 and male you probably won't die.

But if you do keep this going 2 more weeks I would politely suggest a 2 week full break because this is crazy.

And, not that one random example means a lot, but I found my rate of loss dropped in half after the first month....30 pounds month 1, 15 pounds month 2 and month 3. So a break might not slow you down all that much.
Unread 11-04-2016, 12:41 PM

What's the point?

You will regain most of it,because you will still have bad habbits that got you overweight in the first place.
Unread 11-04-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellurium View Post
56lbs in 2 weeks is approximately a 14k deficit a day (not accounting for water weight). This sounds pretty ridiculous and definitely not sustainable. What do you estimate your bodyfat to have been at the start?
~35% most likely. I doubt that most of what I lost was fat, it was probably water weight and intestinal content.
Unread 11-04-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semipartial View Post
Based on what you described, you should be approaching a deficit of ~5000 kcal each day. Counting ~2000 from food and ~3000 from activity. Disregarding that your body is totally crashing and your hormones are blowing trough the back of your skull, you can expect to lose about ~5 kg each week. Two weeks, of course, would be ~10 kg. Of course, in its own regard, this is an insane amount!

Now, you say you've lost 25 kg in 2 weeks. Of course, a lot of that is water weight and intestine content. I'm not sure if that can amount to ~15 kg. That sounds way too much. Where is my error?

I'm curious what your weight drop was in the last week alone. My best guess is that it is a lot less than the first week, right?
I lost around 17 kg the first 5 days. I also doubt that most of what I lost was fat, I estimate the fat lost to be in the 10 kg - 15 kg (highly optimistic) range.
Unread 11-04-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly70 View Post
Well accurate title is accurate.

Most I ever lost in 2 weeks was a bit under 8% of starting body weight.

You've lost more like 19% in 2 weeks.

Since you are 24 and male you probably won't die.

But if you do keep this going 2 more weeks I would politely suggest a 2 week full break because this is crazy.

And, not that one random example means a lot, but I found my rate of loss dropped in half after the first month....30 pounds month 1, 15 pounds month 2 and month 3. So a break might not slow you down all that much.
Thanks for the advice. I will probably take a break in 1 week because I don't think my joints can take much of what I am now doing any longer.
Unread 11-04-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
What's the point?

You will regain most of it,because you will still have bad habbits that got you overweight in the first place.
Perhaps, but it's pretty motivating to lose weight fast and it will usually jump start your future healthy life. I didn't really get fat because I didn't have self control or I would just eat everything in front of me. I just didn't care about my body or life in general. Pretty sad. Now I do.