BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-15-2016, 08:05 PM

Default 15-20lbs by May

I've read the RFL booklet, have ordered others, and have read as much as possible on the site and forum. January 7 was the first day I felt I understood enough to start a diet and consulted with my doctor for advice. The current medication that I must take daily has unpleasant side effects, the dosage is based on body weight. If I lost 30 pounds they will lower the dosage which is a lot of motivation. Since 1/7/16 I've dropped 15 pounds which I understand is a bunch of water weight. I started RLF a week ago and know I've made some errors. I'm suppose to be eatin 90g protein and I've been a bit shy. Today I got in 81g. I'm doing well with fat and carbs.
BMR=1350 + 500 in activity = 1800. The past 2 days have come in between 575 - 600 calories, the first 5 days were about 800.

I started going to a trainer 3x per week to get stronger. We do weights and other exercises. Also walking the dogs as much as possible averaging 25-30 miles per week. The snow and cold this week has cut back on walking.

I do use fat free half and half in my coffee in the morning which I think is my only thing that is not RLF compliant. Weighing myself each morning is making me crazy so I'm thinking I'll go to once a week instead.

I've enjoyed reading many of the logs on the forum and appreciate all the information shared.
Unread 02-16-2016, 06:09 PM

Tuesday 2/16
91g protein
13g fat
14 g carb
530 calories.

Walked the dogs for 3 miles in the snow and swam for 40 minutes. Felt like a good day. My weight had stayed the same for 7 days. I'm hoping to see some downward movement. Best part is I'm feeling good and my clothes are getting loose.
I'm wondering how if the 4 tablespoons of fat free half and half will have to given up to see more progress? That would be hard.
Unread 02-16-2016, 11:40 PM

Good job hitting your protein target!

Are you cat 3?

Your activity level is way too high for RFL and this is messing up your results. Reread the section on exercise and make the necessary alterations. It'll be so worth it.
Unread 02-17-2016, 04:38 PM

Reread everything pertinent to exercise and perhaps I don't understand. 2-3 times per week of light resistance training is ok. Walking is also ok. The dogs need exercise and they go 2-3 miles for my 1. So, today I walked about 3 miles and spent 30 minutes with the trainer doing basic exercise, stretching, and resistance. It helps keep my appetite low. Is that really too much?

I am cat 2. From what I read, older/lighter women might have to do a bit more to create a deficit? If I were sedentary, I would only burn 1350 calories and I would have to eat almost nothing to create -1,000 calorie per day. But, I certainly might totally misunderstand?

Today should end up about about 500 calories with 95g protein, 9g fat, 7g carbs.

Two food questions:
Is sugar free jello ok? No sugar alcohol, no fat or carbs. Just 5 calories and helps the pills go down easier.
Is venison loin ok? Very lean and high in protein.
Unread 02-17-2016, 08:52 PM

I'll come back to the exercise question after I've reread that section with a cat 2 hat on. I'll also get to jelly and half & half in a bit.

First, protein.

What's your LBM? What's your daily protein requirement?

Regarding the venison - how much protein, fat and carbs in 100g? What serving size do you eat per meal?
Unread 02-18-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbody View Post
I'll come back to the exercise question after I've reread that section with a cat 2 hat on. I'll also get to jelly and half & half in a bit.

First, protein.

What's your LBM? What's your daily protein requirement?

Regarding the venison - how much protein, fat and carbs in 100g? What serving size do you eat per meal?
Jello - not jelly
LBM = 100lb
Protein goal = 90g

Venison loin 100g = 55g protein, 2 g fat, 0 g carb. I would eat 75-100g serving in a meal.
No EC stack as I cannot take them.
Thank you for the assistance! I'm trying hard to do this as correct as possible.

Last edited by Chetbug : 02-18-2016 at 06:16 AM.
Unread 02-18-2016, 08:21 AM

The venison is perfect!

If you're cat 2 and weight training, your protein requirement should be much higher than 90g.

My jelly is your jello - same thing, different name...
Unread 02-18-2016, 05:59 PM

It is just basic resistance training. We stayed with the very basics in January and have progressed a bit. The RFL states that this should be done on the diet.

Today I just walked the dogs about 3 miles at a leisurely pace.

86g protein, 4 g fat, 8 g carbs for about 450 calories. I might do a cheat meal tomorrow for dinner but won't go too far astray.

Thank you for answering my questions. I'm now reading the Flexible Dieting book in hopes to get to maintenance in May or June. I'll also try maintenance when I go on the diet break in a few weeks. It a very interesting and informative read.
Unread 02-18-2016, 10:33 PM

You're in the 'weight training' activity level, not the 'inactive' level so your protein requirements are different. Use the RFL calculator to see.

RFL is an extreme diet and it's worth getting the fundamentals right.
Unread 02-19-2016, 08:16 AM

Ok. I guess I'll try stopping the resistance training for the next two weeks of RFL as getting to 110g of protein per day is 20 more grams and I'm struggling to get to 90g. I can't walk any less because it part of my job. I'll be traveling for 10 out of the 14 days so it will be interesting to figure out RFL on the road. Then I'll take a 2 weeks diet break and go back to RFL for 6 weeks.
The scale is down 3 lbs today so the new goal is 12-17 lb loss by May. I really love to be able to cut medication dosage to feel better for the summer and the goal seems reasonable- I hope. It seems as if the last bit of ones goal is the hardest to loose?
BTW - I'm almost 60 years old and that brings down the BMR. Thank you for your guidance! Hope your journey is going well