BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Stubborn Fat Solution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Gentle hint: if you're just guessing, don't bother posting.
Unread 11-17-2010, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banderbe View Post
I don't understand how the effects of the Yohimbine only last 2 hours from the time of ingestion but that you can still build it up over time and then it takes three days to drop the water.
Well, it promotes absorption of salt by inhibition of certain receptors (water follows salt to maintain tonicity and osmotic pressure ); hence, you retain water...taking the stuff for multiple days makes you hold more water.
Unread 11-17-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrhino View Post
Tangentially related question, I've seen this mentioned before... but where in the body does yohimbine "build up"?
So the idea for fat loss is that yohimbine is an alpha receptor antagonist--so it blocks NE and E from binding to it which is a good thing for losing fat (because this binding facilities a negative feedback cycle where NE is not released as much.)

NE/Glucagon bind to a surface receptor in adipose tissue that results in the activation of Hormone Sensitive Lipase I believe. That induces TAG breakdown into FA (for oxidation/ketone production) and glycerol (used by the liver for gluconeogensis)

These receptors are found throughout the body--like literally on any tissue that responds to epi/norepi. And I think, although I could be wrong, it's not like yohimbine is "built up" and stored like fat or glycogen, but the response to yohimbine is "built up"...see below

Anyway, that's the basic idea of how it works. Now, the reason it probably stays in the tissues (or is built up) is possibly, and I'm guessing here because:

perhaps it decreases the cellular expression of the alpha agonist receptors (seems possible) and would fit with Lyle's research b/c

1. If you've ever taken yohimbine, after a few days/weeks you don't really notice that great of an affect on your heart rate, labido, etc...whereas if you go out and take 20 mg having never done it before, you'd be in for a trip. Now, this could also mean that the receptors are less responsive to yohimbine (which throws a wrench in my argument).

2. The affects seem to increase (fat loss) as you take it more.

That's my two cents.

Last edited by kimbosliced : 11-17-2010 at 02:54 AM.