BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Stubborn Fat Solution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-04-2009, 08:37 PM

Ok...well I have read all of the posts.

So we determined what is and isn't TABATA.

Now does the I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. work like they say it does for FAT LOSS.

No doubt its an I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.-kicker and you are tired and puking afterwards (the only thing I have done that compares is boxing / sparring and getting hit in the stomach) but does TABATA burn that much fat in the long run.

After all its 4 minutes...
Unread 01-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Read the blog series on intervals vs. steady state please.

And keep in mind that the Tabata study was aimed at performance, NOT fat loss.
Unread 07-17-2009, 01:06 PM

Didn't know, or forgot that original Tabatas were on a bike -- will try this for my SFP 2.0 today.

Here's what I've been doing for my intervals up to now -- 20:10 sprints (I notice now how Berardi didn't label this TABATA sprints).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=app95XYO35k

In the article where he linked to this video, he did warn that you should be VERY comfortable on a treadmill & work your way up to this. ("You need to be fit to run, not vice versa.")
Unread 07-24-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperlaw View Post
Didn't know, or forgot that original Tabatas were on a bike -- will try this for my SFP 2.0 today.

Here's what I've been doing for my intervals up to now -- 20:10 sprints (I notice now how Berardi didn't label this TABATA sprints).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=app95XYO35k

In the article where he linked to this video, he did warn that you should be VERY comfortable on a treadmill & work your way up to this. ("You need to be fit to run, not vice versa.")
Maybe its just visual bias, but she doesn't look like she's working that hard. I can tell the treadmill is at an incline, however, so that might be a big factor.

I strongly dislike cycling so I do my tabataesque repeats running. It seems ideal for the task, maybe even better than cycling because the arms are involved, and I can stop running just as easily as I could stop on a bike.

I do agree that many of the rest of the 'tabata' applications are not worthy, like pushups or BW lifts, etc. Full burpees? Maybe.

Oh, and I have done them in the pool, water-running with a vest on. Its actually highly effective and you get to cool down quite a bit between each one just from being in the water. That's MY 3 or 4 cents...
Unread 07-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Administrator

REad this