BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Stubborn Fat Solution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-16-2009, 08:16 PM

Default Fasting and insulin question

Hi Lyle, I asked you via email about the effect of a little milk in coffee before performing cardio and I understand it raises insulin enough to have a profound effect on fat metabolism. I have read your book (most of it), and would I be right in understanding that if exercise, particularly a low/moderate warm up of 5-10 mins, lowers insulin, then it wouldn't really matter whether I have a dash of milk in a coffee prior to cardio? Likewise for BCAA's if trying to avoid potential muscle loss?

Look forward to the clarification,

Sue
Unread 01-17-2009, 02:24 AM

I can hardly imagine a wee dash of milk having a profound effect on fat loss. (it's not like you dump like half a liter in there)
Unread 01-17-2009, 07:28 AM

Just a dash of milk isn't going to have any affect. The exercise is going to increase the insulin sensitivity of muscle tissue thus clearing the blood, that is if there is much insulin response in the first place from a small amount of milk.

The only problem I can see is if you're fasted, and you happen to overproduce insulin when you eat, then you go work out too soon, you can go hypoglycemic and crash in a heartbeat. You're already quite IS from fasting, blood glucose is low, then you get overproduction of insulin from eating, and make yourself even more IS by working out, that'll scrub out any glucose from the bloodstream and you end up on your I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. on the gym floor.
Unread 01-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Administrator

That's not waht she's asking about. Her question is about the fact that only tiny amounts of insulin block fatty acid release which, in the context of stubborn fat mobilization, is a real problem.

will the 5-10' warmup offset this and remobilize fatty acids sufficiently to overcome the effect of the milk? Maybe.
Unread 01-17-2009, 10:39 AM

Maybe.... Is that possibly or propably ?
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:16 AM

I guess this is also related to this topic:
Would BCAA during (or before) a SFP protocol also release insulin in a way that interferes (too much) with the mobilization of stubborn fat?
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Administrator

BCAA reliably raise insulin and, again, it takes miniscule amounts to profoundly affect fat cell metabolism.
Unread 05-04-2009, 10:02 AM

Alright, IŽll continue to skip them before and during the protocols.
Thanks! Great book btw
Unread 07-17-2009, 12:51 PM

If a splash of milk is enough to do it, it just occurred to me that greens+ probably has a similar effect....

Typically when I perform "fasted" cardio in the mornings, I have half a serving of greens+ and my multi vitamins (and liquid zinc and T2 supplement) beforehand. Do these things have an effect on insulin? Half a serving of greens has 21 calories and a gram of fat, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say it effects insulin enough to inhibit stubborn fat metabolism. What about multivitamins and other supplements?
Unread 07-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Administrator

With zero energy content, vitamins/minerals should have no impact. I have no idea why you'd bother taking those on an empty stomach pre-workout anyhow. Take them with your first meal AFTER you do your cardio.