BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 01-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Ain't that the truth. What the hell could possibly be more tedious than hearing about somebody's DOMS?
I have an, let's call her an 'acquaintance' in Austin I"ve hung out with like twice. All she posts about on her FB is

her training and paleo

The two times I hung out with her in real life, all she talked about was
her training and paleo

I can't handle that.
Unread 01-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
Would it be the type of thing that would seem less effective over time, as you'd just get used to it and it kinda becomes your new baseline? Maybe not right away, but say 5 years straight, with no lows to every contrast against.

Or does it always feel awesome no matter what and no matter how long you've been in the state? .
The thing is that it's never that prolonged. Maybe a few months tops before the crash happens. So your question isn't one that has any kind of real answer.
Unread 01-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Banned

What was your diet and training like during your hypomanic episodes?
Unread 01-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Both tend to go off the rails during those phases.
Unread 01-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
Both tend to go off the rails during those phases.
Saw your kinobody interview with Greg. When you mean off the rails I'd it like binges and then excess activity? Or calorie restriction?
Unread 01-03-2015, 07:28 PM

Default An Open Apology..

Firstly, I wish you well, Lyle. I know the struggles of cyclical mood disorder. I've emailed you briefly about this, and meant every word. IM somewhat educated O whatever you have is probably not very serious and I really think you'll get it under control. I base this on the observation that you clearly can think logically and everything you write is still comprehensible and rational. Therefore, please have hope.

Secondly, I've been hurt by your behaviour Lyle, and don't like you (I know, attack the behaviour, not the person... meh, I'm not a saint). I'm 43 and currently both working and slugging it through my Masters degree in Psych and Nutrition, having wasted my 20's and early 30's in a haze of psychological disorder. When I posted on my Facebook page, asking if any of my friends were interested in participating in a very low-level (honours) study, you humiliated me. You told my friends that my project was useless, pointless and had no scientific validity, even though I'd checked all the wording with my supervisors. After what you said, nobody wanted to participate.

Because of you, I dropped that project, wasted 6 months and have a DNC (did not complete) on my academic record forever. Tell me Lyle, when did you last try to do a research project, navigating both ethics and funding and the ideals of four university supervisors to come up with something even partly workable??

Shortly after that, I unfriended you for called me a "pompous bitch" and then you blocked me. I wrote you off as a dick, and stopped coming to the forum here, until today.

And, I'm just a random internet person, that you don't know. In the height of my own disorder, I alienated lifelong friends, a few of which will never forgive me. I suspect you are the same. Accept it. Not everyone will understand.

Summary: YOU will be fine. Don't expect others to forgive and forget, they may not be fine about you, ever, but you can't fix that. Focus on yourself, not on trying to apologise and gain forgiveness. That's just how it is.

x
Sara

Last edited by Sara : 01-03-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Unread 01-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Yup, I acknowledged in the piece that I know that everyone won't forgive and that's fine. I wouldn't expect them too (i'm certainly not a big one for forgiveness myself).

I can't control them, I can only control myself and try to change/fix my behavior moving forwards.

Thanks.
Unread 01-03-2015, 10:26 PM

I only followed you because you like animals, and that's cool, no matter everything else.
Unread 01-04-2015, 12:14 AM

Aaaand, lastly, because I forgot to mention it. Lyle McDouchebag isn't you. As far as I know he's a game designer, so don't worry about that.
Unread 01-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Aaaand, lastly, because I forgot to mention it. Lyle McDouchebag isn't you. As far as I know he's a game designer, so don't worry about that.
Yeah, you are the third person to point out that it has nothing to do with me. I never acutally looked at one of the google searches, just made a poor assumption. Thanks.
Closed Thread