BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 09-14-2017, 10:31 PM
Nick19 Nick19 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 30
Default Lower BodyFat Setpoint

Want to keep this brief but in summary my appetite is broken or at least really low. Ill start with some history. I remember trying all those diet fads and workouts and stuff like every other uneducated person I would always give up and binch eat. Anyway I eventually found out about Lyle's and a few other guys work, read up, and got to business. Anyway I've done a successful cut before a couple of times and the last time I did it I got down to about 7% and maintained it for a while relatively easy. I decided to bulk because I got a bunch of harmful side effects that even diet breaks didn't help like no libido at all (I'm 20 yrs old),etc. Anyway although when I did my first cut (at 18yrs old) and first started to get serious, I started at probably low 20% body fats (chuncky) I find that I currently have no appetite at around 12-13%. I never feel like eating like ever and I have to choose between eating junk food or losing weight. Even the junk food doesn't seem appealing anymore I basically had to force feed myself to gain weight for bulking and I work at McDonald's where its right there. Ill just get up and put off eating and I keep putting it off hunger doesn't bother me. I gave up bulking for a while because I was only maintaining my weight and I guess ill just go for a lean shredded look or something?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 09-15-2017, 12:23 AM
Determinism Determinism is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 355
Default

Depends on your goal. Are you satisfied with your amount of muscle when lean?

If so, you can try to maintain ~10% BF. Any lower, and hormones may become an issue.

If not, then take more of your calories in liquid form (weight gainer?) and go slightly above maintenance. You don't need a 500+ kcal surplus to build muscle.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 09-15-2017, 09:32 AM
Nick19 Nick19 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Depends on your goal. Are you satisfied with your amount of muscle when lean?

If so, you can try to maintain ~10% BF. Any lower, and hormones may become an issue.

If not, then take more of your calories in liquid form (weight gainer?) and go slightly above maintenance. You don't need a 500+ kcal surplus to build muscle.
I mean I'd like to continue to make progress im only probably in an intermediate stage of my muscle potential. But I'm stating that it is highly unusual that i have no appetite or food cravings at all especially at the lower teens bodyfat parentage . I'm not an ecto or or hardgainer or anything im a mesomorph. I was a pretty husky kid. I was wondering what the science behind the giant reduction in my appetite is?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 09-18-2017, 10:23 PM
Nick19 Nick19 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 30
Default

Bump
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 09-19-2017, 06:18 AM
BigPecsPeter BigPecsPeter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,159
Default

Wall of text.

What are you asking anyway

What do you want? A higher set point? Just get obese and stay there for a while. You'll raise it up in no time. There's even a thread here in miscellaneous for how to get obese fast. Force yourself into obesity, stay there, and watch that set point skyrocket
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 09-19-2017, 09:34 AM
Nick19 Nick19 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Wall of text.

What are you asking anyway

What do you want? A higher set point? Just get obese and stay there for a while. You'll raise it up in no time. There's even a thread here in miscellaneous for how to get obese fast. Force yourself into obesity, stay there, and watch that set point skyrocket
No just kinda odd that i have a six pack and im almost never hungry. Good for staying lean but very hard for bulking i usually forget to eat while I'm at work. Gained very little in my last bulk. Now this would make sense if i was an ecto but I'm a straight up meso and i was fat growing up used to get extreme cravings whenever i tried dieting. Now nothing
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 09-19-2017, 12:28 PM
w1cked w1cked is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick19 View Post
No just kinda odd that i have a six pack and im almost never hungry. Good for staying lean but very hard for bulking i usually forget to eat while I'm at work. Gained very little in my last bulk. Now this would make sense if i was an ecto but I'm a straight up meso and i was fat growing up used to get extreme cravings whenever i tried dieting. Now nothing
Ecto meso lol wut
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 09-19-2017, 12:29 PM
BigPecsPeter BigPecsPeter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Ecto meso lol wut
I'm a mess, etc
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 09-19-2017, 07:34 PM
Nick19 Nick19 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Ecto meso lol wut
Ecto=Ectomorph tall skinny long limbed person
Meso=mesomorph medium build
Endo=big build
Etc
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 09-20-2017, 01:47 AM
squat squat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick19 View Post
Ecto=Ectomorph tall skinny long limbed person
Meso=mesomorph medium build
Endo=big build
Etc
There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.