BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-14-2017, 10:31 PM

Default Lower BodyFat Setpoint

Want to keep this brief but in summary my appetite is broken or at least really low. Ill start with some history. I remember trying all those diet fads and workouts and stuff like every other uneducated person I would always give up and binch eat. Anyway I eventually found out about Lyle's and a few other guys work, read up, and got to business. Anyway I've done a successful cut before a couple of times and the last time I did it I got down to about 7% and maintained it for a while relatively easy. I decided to bulk because I got a bunch of harmful side effects that even diet breaks didn't help like no libido at all (I'm 20 yrs old),etc. Anyway although when I did my first cut (at 18yrs old) and first started to get serious, I started at probably low 20% body fats (chuncky) I find that I currently have no appetite at around 12-13%. I never feel like eating like ever and I have to choose between eating junk food or losing weight. Even the junk food doesn't seem appealing anymore I basically had to force feed myself to gain weight for bulking and I work at McDonald's where its right there. Ill just get up and put off eating and I keep putting it off hunger doesn't bother me. I gave up bulking for a while because I was only maintaining my weight and I guess ill just go for a lean shredded look or something?
Unread 09-15-2017, 12:23 AM

Depends on your goal. Are you satisfied with your amount of muscle when lean?

If so, you can try to maintain ~10% BF. Any lower, and hormones may become an issue.

If not, then take more of your calories in liquid form (weight gainer?) and go slightly above maintenance. You don't need a 500+ kcal surplus to build muscle.
Unread 09-15-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Depends on your goal. Are you satisfied with your amount of muscle when lean?

If so, you can try to maintain ~10% BF. Any lower, and hormones may become an issue.

If not, then take more of your calories in liquid form (weight gainer?) and go slightly above maintenance. You don't need a 500+ kcal surplus to build muscle.
I mean I'd like to continue to make progress im only probably in an intermediate stage of my muscle potential. But I'm stating that it is highly unusual that i have no appetite or food cravings at all especially at the lower teens bodyfat parentage . I'm not an ecto or or hardgainer or anything im a mesomorph. I was a pretty husky kid. I was wondering what the science behind the giant reduction in my appetite is?
Unread 09-18-2017, 10:23 PM

Bump
Unread 09-19-2017, 06:18 AM

Wall of text.

What are you asking anyway

What do you want? A higher set point? Just get obese and stay there for a while. You'll raise it up in no time. There's even a thread here in miscellaneous for how to get obese fast. Force yourself into obesity, stay there, and watch that set point skyrocket
Unread 09-19-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Wall of text.

What are you asking anyway

What do you want? A higher set point? Just get obese and stay there for a while. You'll raise it up in no time. There's even a thread here in miscellaneous for how to get obese fast. Force yourself into obesity, stay there, and watch that set point skyrocket
No just kinda odd that i have a six pack and im almost never hungry. Good for staying lean but very hard for bulking i usually forget to eat while I'm at work. Gained very little in my last bulk. Now this would make sense if i was an ecto but I'm a straight up meso and i was fat growing up used to get extreme cravings whenever i tried dieting. Now nothing
Unread 09-19-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick19 View Post
No just kinda odd that i have a six pack and im almost never hungry. Good for staying lean but very hard for bulking i usually forget to eat while I'm at work. Gained very little in my last bulk. Now this would make sense if i was an ecto but I'm a straight up meso and i was fat growing up used to get extreme cravings whenever i tried dieting. Now nothing
Ecto meso lol wut
Unread 09-19-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Ecto meso lol wut
I'm a mess, etc
Unread 09-19-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Ecto meso lol wut
Ecto=Ectomorph tall skinny long limbed person
Meso=mesomorph medium build