BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-24-2017, 11:54 AM

Default From RFL to break to maintenance levels

Hey guys. So here's some context for you that don't know me:
1) http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=33895
2) http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34098

Basically, I did around 6 weeks of true RFL (I messed it up on some days) until I started feeling sick frequently and lifeless in general. Went from ~74kg to 68kg (post reintroducing carbs). I love training so staying limited to do 2 fullbody routine per week sucked a lot.

My question is: given that I'm a newbie lifter (4 months), can I still have results doing a recomp? (results aka minor fat loss and moderate strength/muscle gains) I've estimated that 1700kcals is plenty (170g C/170g P/38g F)

My game plan is to do 4 hypertrophy workouts per week (A/B/rest/A/B) and 1 fasted LISS cardio. I'll hit chest/tri's/shoulders/glutes for workout A, and back/bi's/abs for workout B. Due to genetics my legs are way superior than my upper muscle groups, so won't train them for now.

Any form of criticism, suggestion and opinion is welcome. I'm still coming up with decent exercises to do considering I train at a local small gym.
Unread 09-24-2017, 12:05 PM

You can. Obviously, progress will be considerably slower than doing a standard bulk cut. But the bulk cut lifestyle isn't for everybody.
Unread 09-25-2017, 09:41 PM

Training legs is incredibly important for fat loss.... might want to rethink that.

Try starting strength. It's cheap on kindle.

Only 1700 calories with 4 days training? Just train and focus on keeping yourself in a positive nitrogen balance. Sleep, eat high protein and enough carbs, train, and recover. You'll end up recomping just fine as a newbie if you aren't too far off that path.

Bulking and cutting is more important at the intermediate and advanced levels where it's extremely difficult to recomp. (UD 2.0)

Most newbies eat way too much when they try to "bulk" and end up fat.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 09-25-2017 at 09:42 PM. Reason: A
Unread 09-26-2017, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
Training legs is incredibly important for fat loss.
Seriously, can you please stop giving advice? It's not important. At. All.

The only thing that is important is to create a deficit, be able to recover and spare as much muscle as possible.
Unread 09-26-2017, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
Training legs is incredibly important for fat loss.... might want to rethink that.

Try starting strength. It's cheap on kindle.
All those poor wheelchair bound bodybuilders that never could get ripped for stage because they couldn't train legs.

You need to stick to giving out advice on bodybuilding.com where every newb is told to use Starting Strength. This isn't that kind of board.