BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-23-2016, 01:52 PM

Default New to this site and GFE. 41, Male, BF Cat 2, activity Cat 1

I just finished reading the guide for the second time and I'm left with a few questions that I'm either missing in the book, or it's not discussed but I'm guessing info overload and I'm just not catching it. To provide some history;

I work 2 jobs, one physical, one sort of physical (lots of driving). I work about 70 hours a week, long shifts. I am required at one job to work out on shift so every 3rd day I do about 45-60 minutes of supersets with heavy weights, then walk a mile or so on the treadmill. Other than that, no structured workout, I'm just busy.

Using the numbers in the guide to set daily calories, I came up with 1800 calories as my daily goal. Thats ironic because for the past 8 months I have been using the zig zag method with saturday being my weekly average of 1800 calories (40/35/25). I lost 25 lbs and put on about 10 lbs of muscle, got stronger across the board, conditioning went up as well stomach issues got much, much better. Overall, very solid progress and I'm happy with that even if the daily calorie fluctuation was less than simple for awhile. I never did plan a weekly refeed or cheat, they would just happen at birthday parties and holidays, etc. Then 4 months ago it stopped working. Now, I still have a decent amount of body fat to lose so this is in no way a result of me being too lean and it just being tough to lose that last few lbs. I adjusted down for a month, no change in weight or body comp. I adjusted up for a month, no change in weight or body comp. I tried Keto for 6 weeks and had a miserable experience with my stomach. *Side note - From 2009-2013 my life was VERY high stress with chronic horrible food and it did a real number on my entire digestive system. It took a year of probiotics and yogurt, prescribed meds, greatly reduced food variety (9 foods total), lots of other stuff I wont bore you with to get my digestive track back to something close to normal and Keto never did work right for me. (I'm not here to discuss keto, it didn't work with my gut and I will not go back on it)

SO, What I'm trying to figure out is the macros. I personally do well when I have a fit day account laid out for a week with food amounts, macro breakdown and I can see an entire week planned. It's worked great so far but I have been missing out on a lot of life not being able to eat like others. I discovered this guide and would like to incorporate that to improve my social/family life. IF I am doing this correctly, I would cut 10-20% off of the 1800, have one reward meal on say, wednesday nights, and then a 5 hour refeed window on Sunday. That works GREAT with my work and family schedule. What I don't know is how best to set my macros. I like lower carb but not keto low.

Question 1) Are my calories set at 1800 correct?

Question 2) How would my macros change?

Question 3) I need a minimum of 100 grams of carbs per day when dieting in a deficit, correct?

I liked what I read in the guide but admit I was left confused as to how to plug the entire thing together. I realize this may be rather simple to those of you with more experience so I apologize if my question is answered in the guide, I tried to find the answer and am just missing it I think. Thank you in advance for any assistance you are able to provide.

Last edited by Rykertest : 01-23-2016 at 02:50 PM.