BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-30-2008, 06:34 PM

Default my first attempt at Ultimate diet 2.0

ok, so i am a hypothyroid male in my twenties- have a problem with taking thyroid meds, but may try again in a while.

5 foot 9, 150 pounds, not much in the weigh of muscle, and carrying some stubborn chest and belly fat.

goals- to tone up and develop some good musculature which years of having elevated cortisol and low thyroid have given me. i also want to loose about 15 pounds of fat, and gain the same in muscle. i am not looking for a short term solution, but rather a new lifestyle which will allow me to work out, eat low carb, gain muscle, but not get sugar intolerant from the lack of carbs.

its now the night before my first work out on UD2- ive been lifting weights for about 6 weeks, but ive been eating every thing in site, so i feel bloated and fat, despite some good visible muscle growth in the arms.

for the last 3 days i have been eating low carb to get ready and get motivated.

my diet plan is as follows

on low cal days ill have 1000 calories of food, mostly from lean protein and veg- ill also take the fish oils and the stimulants. i will also have some fruit or some low carb bread just before each work out- but wont bother having anything after the work out.

monday: back, chest and legs, low carb low cals
tuesday:arms and tummy, low carb low cals
wednesday: rest day, low carb, low cals
thursday: v. early intensive all body work out, followed by carb up
friday: morning power lifting session, lowish carb rest of the day
saturday: rest, low carb low cal
sunday: rest, low carb low cal/

I am doing it this way as i dont think my trainer will be able to see me on the weekend. i am also concerned that doing the carb up for longer than 24 hours will be unneccessary for me.

so basically i just have to decide whether i do end of week full body work outs on thursday and friday nights, or thursday and friday mornings (or doesnt it really matter as long as there is a good 24 carb up between the two work outs)

I guess im asking whether doing the thursday intensive work out on thursday morning rather than evening will halt the weightloss phase of the week too soon. any comments.

anyway, ive got a fat work out tomorrow, so i will keep you all posted.

cheers
Unread 03-31-2008, 03:56 AM

morning- 4 eggs whites and two cups of espresso
two teaspoons of peanut butter

workout
one hour- chest, biceps, bit of stomach and lower back- considering i havent had any proper carbs in 4 days it went ok- i didnt exactly feel strong but i was motivated and my trainer just helped me squeeze the excercises out

lunch- 5 egg whites with some spinach and left over salad- couple of olives and a few nuts- fish oils and zinc tabs as ever

probably wont eat anything till dinner, when ill try and get some leafy greens, veg and fish or chicken in. also going to go get some protein powder and some fat free cheese

dinner-
4 egg whites
small salad with some diced avocardo
plate of sashimi
a cucumber
a small handful of nuts
small can of tuna before bed

Last edited by masterpp : 03-31-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:19 PM

Do you have the book?