BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 01-13-2018, 08:15 AM

Default RFL And Trying To Get Pregnant?

I am training a client and put her on RFL. She told me her doctor told her to add a cup of carbs a day because she is trying to get pregnant.

She has about 70 pounds to lose.

I see that low carb diets are better for fertility but what about super low carb like RFL?
Unread 01-13-2018, 09:00 AM

RFL is about very low calories, not only about macros.

I think it's a very stupid thing to do.
Unread 01-13-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
RFL is about very low calories, not only about macros.

I think it's a very stupid thing to do.

I understand that.

Why is it stupid?
Unread 01-13-2018, 09:22 AM

Because the body is catabolic. Seriously, why are you a trainer?
Unread 01-13-2018, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer294 View Post
I am training a client and put her on RFL. She told me her doctor told her to add a cup of carbs a day because she is trying to get pregnant.

She has about 70 pounds to lose.

I see that low carb diets are better for fertility but what about super low carb like RFL?
How are low carb diets better for fertility?
Seriously, who comes up with this crap.

Losing weight will improve her fertility.

Very low calories is NOT good for fertility
Unread 01-13-2018, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I understand that.

Why is it stupid?
Is it a good idea to get pregnant when they are insufficient calories to sustain fetal development?
Unread 01-13-2018, 09:43 AM

I was saying trying to get pregnant.

Not do RFL while pregnant.

So what would sufficient cals be for trying to lose weight and get pregnant?

Also if VLC diets had such a major effect on fertility then wouldn't places like Africa where people are starving have declining populations?
Unread 01-13-2018, 12:34 PM

"Also if VLC diets had such a major effect on fertility then wouldn't places like Africa where people are starving have declining populations?"

No.

1. Africa is a continent, not a country. There is enormous heterogeneity across countries in fertility, and in whether "people are starving."

2. There is no single "African" diet, either, but among populations affected by famine, the diet is not VLC, it's Very Low Everything, with proportionately *higher* carbs.

3. Fertility and population are not the same thing. Fertility rates and population size can and do move in different directions.

4. In African countries that had very high fertility rates in the 20th century, fertility has been declining. However, this is not because of starvation (or AIDS, for god's sake) but because that's what happens in countries where the economy is shifting from agriculture (where you need kids to work the farm) to industrial or post-industrial production, civil rights expand to allow girls to go to school, contraception is available to more people, child and adult mortality declines, more people can count on living in their old age off savings or public support rather than off adult kids, etc.

//bstrong
Unread 01-14-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
I was saying trying to get pregnant.

Not do RFL while pregnant.
You really aren't that clever, are you? Before she would even know she's pregnant, there's already fetus swimming around for several days, weeks or even months. Being in a deficit is very, very stupid.

In her (and the child's) best interest, she should replace her trainer and pick one who can actually think just a little bit, instead of asking these almost rhetorical questions.
Unread 01-14-2018, 08:50 AM
Administrator

It's fairly clear that the OP wasn't asking for advice but rather affirmation or she wouldn't be arguing with THE ADVICE SHE ASKED FOR.

Look, this person can RFL until the fat is lost and then move back to maintenance BEFORE she gets her bang on and tries to get pregnant.

I've given similar advice to people for surgery where it helsp to have lost weight. But you lose FIRST and then move to maintenance assuming you want to heal.

I'm closing this thread since there is nothing more to so and I cannot ABIDE people who ask for advice and then ignore it. If you already had your answer, don't waste time asking.
Closed Thread