BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-02-2017, 03:44 PM

Default RFL moving to maintenance

I did an 11 day RFL. Started at 178lbs, 6' 1", 41 years old. The PSMF calc put me in CAT1. I went down to 173 for the 11 days. I was eating Keto before that so I'm making the assumption that I did not have much water weight to drop. I did a 2 day refeed as prescribed ending at 175lbs after. The PSMF maintenance calc puts me at 1750 cals. I work out 3 days a week doing full body weight training. I decided to follow the recommended 222P, 100C, and 51F. This is suggested to be followed as a 2 week break. It states that a second round of PSMF would not be advisable for CAT1. I would like to figure out what to do next after the break. I read Flexible dieting and it seems that I would be in CAT1 weight, CAT2 exercise. I was thing 10cal/pd would be a good deficit based upon the books and posts, but that is what the RFL Moving to maintenance has me eating. Would it be advisable to cut back to 8cal/pound or is the PSMF maintenance calc underestimating my calories? I chose sedentary as my activity level since I work at a desk.
Unread 06-02-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ked76 View Post
I would like to figure out what to do next after the break. I read Flexible dieting and it seems that I would be in CAT1 weight, CAT2 exercise. I was thing 10cal/pd would be a good deficit based upon the books and posts, but that is what the RFL Moving to maintenance has me eating. Would it be advisable to cut back to 8cal/pound or is the PSMF maintenance calc underestimating my calories? I chose sedentary as my activity level since I work at a desk.
When you chose sedentary as your activity level it gave you a 10 cal/lb multiplier (the same you used when you did your own calculations) which is why you'd get the same exact numbers. Exercise category and bodyweight multipliers are different. Exercise category only affects the refeeds.
Unread 06-04-2017, 03:55 PM

Yes but most of what I have read estimates maintenance at 14-16cal per pound...just wondering why the RFL moving to maintenance is saying 10.
Unread 06-07-2017, 09:24 AM

Use 90% of 14 to 16. The first 10 to 13 is maybe gonna work for a small female.