BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-27-2018, 10:22 AM

I wonder whatever happened to mrlakramondas. I learned almost as much from him on these boards as from Lyle.
Unread 03-27-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivetissimo View Post
I wonder whatever happened to mrlakramondas. I learned almost as much from him on these boards as from Lyle.
Yeah, I don't know either.

He used to troll a lot on the old forums. But on this forum, he was amazing.
Unread 03-28-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivetissimo View Post
I don't know the guy, but I agree he was great around here.

If I were to guess (and it's only a guess), it may because because he just got bored of all this discussion. There's only so much to talk about, and a lot of the same mundane topics get recycled over and over again. How many sets, how much protein, critique my program, etc etc etc.

At some point you want to get to deeper level discussion on things and the reality is that there aren't all that many people who have the experience and creativity to do it. So you do your thing (lift, eat, sleep, repeat) and spend your time and energy on other things in life.
Unread 03-28-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBettor View Post

If I were to guess (and it's only a guess), it may because because he just got bored of all this discussion. There's only so much to talk about, and a lot of the same mundane topics get recycled over and over again. How many sets, how much protein, critique my program, etc etc etc.

At some point you want to get to deeper level discussion on things and the reality is that there aren't all that many people who have the experience and creativity to do it. So you do your thing (lift, eat, sleep, repeat) and spend your time and energy on other things in life.
Yeah, this.

And forums are dead anyways.
Unread 03-28-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBettor View Post

I highly recommend Lyle's Facebook group if you're not already on it. It's much more active with some really smart people to listen to. I would use it more but I don't like being on social media so much and I find the pop-up notifications on my phone after someone comments on my stuff there annoying.
Unread 03-28-2018, 10:25 AM

FB group is bomb. Come, join the horde.
Unread 03-28-2018, 10:48 PM

How Many Sets Are Needed to Maximize Muscle Growth? (Ft. Brad Schoenfeld)

https://youtu.be/EspBPvst5Qc

Quote:
When it comes to developing the optimal training program, there’s several variables that need to be considered. One of the most important variables is “how much volume per week” should you do, or “how many sets per muscle group” should you do for hypertrophy. Despite its importance, there actually isn’t much applicable research out there on this topic. Luckily, Dr. Brad Schoenfeld has recently published a meta-analysis on this exact topic and discusses his results with me in this video. We’ll go through how many sets per muscle group per week is best for hypertrophy, and how this differs between various muscle groups and your training experience. By the end of it, you should have a much clearer idea as to how many sets you should do or how much volume you should be performing in your workouts.
Unread 03-29-2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Ok, let's math this out

My GBR is about 7-8 sets per muscle group twice per week. That's 15-16 sets per week. 10 sets/week per muscle group is trivial, 5 sets twice per week? C'mon.
Sorry to ask, but you're counting shoulder and Chest as à single group ?
As the basic routine is featuring 3-4xBP + 2-3xohp, if ohp is not hitting chest the maths are wrong for this particular musclegroup
Unread 03-29-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyromanXP View Post
Sorry to ask, but you're counting shoulder and Chest as à single group ?
As the basic routine is featuring 3-4xBP + 2-3xohp, if ohp is not hitting chest the maths are wrong for this particular musclegroup
Overhead press does hit chest somewhat. Or if you're worried about it, throw a couple of extra sets of pec dec in.