BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-14-2017, 10:55 AM

Default Daily Running on RFL

Hi
I am new here. I am a 47 y.o. female who lost 80lbs through monitored eating and running in a year. I started at 207lbs and now I am at 127lbs. I would *like* to lose 10lbs of fat to aid me in my daily runs. I am NOT an athlete nor a marathoner, just a slooooooow runner ~ but I just enjoy going out for 1 hour a day (6 miles) to clear my head after a stressful work day. It's like salvation to me...

I read in the book that larger amount of exercise is not advised on this diet ~ I am a bit disappointed that I will not be able to keep up with my daily activities while losing fat

I didn't think that running 1 hour a day was a large amount of exercise haha.
Perhaps getting a little bit of carbs before my run and after might be helpful?

THank you in advance for your replies and suggestions.
Unread 06-14-2017, 07:22 PM

Different diet

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 06-14-2017, 08:47 PM

Been there, done that...it doesn't end well...
Unread 06-14-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunitlongpole View Post
Been there, done that...it doesn't end well...
There's a section in the rfl for all special daisies who need to add running/more weight sessions/hopscotch/daily marathons in the programme
Unread 06-15-2017, 12:15 AM

Congrats on the fat loss! I agree with the first response to your question. You need a different diet. RFL is basically a crash diet, albeit well formulated but that's based on keeping volume low and not overdoing it on cardio. 6 miles a day is just WAY too much. You'll burn out and likely backslide in your efforts. Pick a different diet to support your running or adjust your cals and macros to fit your new lifestyle and support your goals over the long term. It's only 10 pounds and you might find that you perform better at your current weight than if you were to drop down to 110 somthing.
Seriously reconsider using RFL. Think about it.. RFL prescribes you something of the order of about 1.5 grams per pound for protein. That's 762 calories. Add in trace carbs and some EFAs and maybe you would be eating 1000 cals per day.
It's a crash diet that's no longer well formulated, don't jeopordize all you've accomplished, throttle it back a bit. Maybe eat at maintenance and throw in a biweekly psmf days to zigzag you fat loss down the last bit.
I made this same mistake. Awhile back I lost 50lbs and had been running a lot, at my new weight of 185 I was probably the fastest person I knew. I tried to cut down some stubborn fat and wasted away and when I ate regular my body just blew up with fat. I wouldn't do it again.

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
Socrates
Unread 06-15-2017, 06:35 AM

Thank you everyone for all of your input and advice. I think one thing I could do is to up my protein a little bit and as suggested in the book a little bit of carbs before working out and see how I feel. I certainly do not want to jeopardize all that I have accomplished ~ but damn it, I'd like to lose 10 more lbs and would like it to be mostly fat.

As for I might not feel/perform better at 110lbs or so ~ this might be true or it might not be. I'd like to get there so I could test it for myself. My only "fear" is to not be able to maintain this weight over time. I am just a little scared about that. I have not found a diet/WOE that will help me to reach the maintenance phase without pulling my hair out. I know there are trials and error, and I am okay with that, trying until I find what works... It's just exhausting and a constant worry of some sort.

I do well on Atkin's/Keto-ish ~ but have not found my personal carb level yet...

Thanks again!
Unread 06-15-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnRunner View Post
but damn it, I'd like to lose 10 more lbs and would like it to be mostly fat.

As for I might not feel/perform better at 110lbs or so ~ this might be true or it might not be. I'd like to get there so I could test it for myself. My only "fear" is to not be able to maintain this weight over time. I am just a little scared about that
Well at 127 trying to go to 117 pounds, it's not like there's any muscle there to worry about losing. You should consider just how healthy such a low BW is at your age, unless you're like 5 feet tall.

As for your "fear" above, read up on set point. You're going to struggle to stay even close to 117 if you get that low. IMO it's a waste of time.
Unread 06-15-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Well at 127 trying to go to 117 pounds, it's not like there's any muscle there to worry about losing. You should consider just how healthy such a low BW is at your age, unless you're like 5 feet tall.
Yup, I am barely 5'2"...
Unread 06-15-2017, 09:31 AM

If you want to run, pick a different diet. Don't try and pound a square peg into a round hole. There are plenty of other diets that allow you to loose fat and retain muscle. Just use the principles laid out in this website and in many of Lyle's diets - protein high, weightlifting and moderate cardio. I bicycle 5-6 days a week, lift weights in moderation, and can shed fat and retain muscle when I adjust my diet to comply with the principles above. But there is ZERO way I could do RFL and keep up my level of activity.

If running is that important to you (and it sounds like it is), RFL is not the way to go. I can relate - there is no way I am going to give up my cycling.
Unread 06-15-2017, 06:56 PM

THank you all so much... I still thinking about what I should do. I'll keep reading what is on here for sure!!