BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-18-2014, 11:37 PM

Default Looking for Syrup Brand Low GI

I recently been adding some protein pancakes to mix things up. And now I realize I am in a bit of bind. See I have googled relentlessly and I can't seem to find a "sugar free low glycemic" syrup for pancakes.

Does such a thing even exsist? What do I look for on labels/ingredients when hunting this stuff down in the grocery isle?

Side note: Put some log cabin sugar free syrup on the pancakes made little while ago. Anyone know if that is low gi? I thought it be sugar free be okay.

Thanks.
Unread 06-19-2014, 07:01 AM

I strongly recommend Walden Farms Pancake syrup if you are trying to avoid sugar and carbs. It tastes great and I use it all the time to substitute for other syrups when I make pancakes. I get it for $3.99 at my local ShopRite ($2.99 when it goes on sale).

https://www.waldenfarms.com/products/syrup_pancake.html

Every now and then I have regular syrup to remember how it tastes but the Walden Farms syrup is the best Sugar Free syrup I've ever tried. They also have chocolate and caramel syrups that are pretty good among other things. The chocolate syrup goes great in coffee IMO to make a cup of coffee that tastes like hot chocolate.
Unread 06-19-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxguinea69 View Post
I strongly recommend Walden Farms Pancake syrup if you are trying to avoid sugar and carbs. It tastes great and I use it all the time to substitute for other syrups when I make pancakes. I get it for $3.99 at my local ShopRite ($2.99 when it goes on sale).

https://www.waldenfarms.com/products/syrup_pancake.html

Every now and then I have regular syrup to remember how it tastes but the Walden Farms syrup is the best Sugar Free syrup I've ever tried. They also have chocolate and caramel syrups that are pretty good among other things. The chocolate syrup goes great in coffee IMO to make a cup of coffee that tastes like hot chocolate.
+1 on the Walden Farms syrup. Not quite as good as real syrup, but better than any others I've tried as well. I've had the sugar free syrup at Ihop a couple times it doesn't taste as good and, for me, gives me GI issues
Unread 06-19-2014, 07:32 AM

Walden Farms syrup is a winner. Probably the best Walden Farms product, IMO
Unread 06-19-2014, 09:03 PM

Thank you guys! Walden syrup has a new best friend