BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Stubborn Fat Solution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-04-2017, 09:57 PM

Default SFS & Maintenace calories

Successfully applying SFS but the moment I'm back to maintenance calories the little stubborn pouch around the belly bottom comes back. I'm gradually getting back to maintenance over 2 weeks. Male 48, obstacle course racing and related training, 6/week, 7.6% body fat.

Any recommendations? Would SFS/Yohimbine prevent stubborn fat accumulation on maintenance?
Unread 03-06-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1968 View Post
Successfully applying SFS but the moment I'm back to maintenance calories the little stubborn pouch around the belly bottom comes back. I'm gradually getting back to maintenance over 2 weeks. Male 48, obstacle course racing and related training, 6/week, 7.6% body fat.

Any recommendations? Would SFS/Yohimbine prevent stubborn fat accumulation on maintenance?
If you're gaining fat then you're in a surplus and your maintenance is probably lower than you've assumed.
Unread 03-06-2017, 09:07 PM

Thanks. I don't think I go over maintenance as the weight gain is not noticeable on the kg/bodyfat % scale which I calibrated with a Dexa scan. It is only noticeable visually.
Unread 03-15-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I don't think I go over maintenance as the weight gain is not noticeable on the kg/bodyfat % scale which I calibrated with a Dexa scan. It is only noticeable visually.
If you have visually gained fat, you have gained fat. BIA scales are horrendously inaccurate for measuring BF%.
Unread 03-16-2017, 08:08 PM

What he said. You aren't gaining fat, by definition, on *maintenance* calories. By any basic gauge r&r principles, any DEXA/BIA/Bodpod/whatever is fraught with variances per reading.
Unread 03-21-2017, 04:03 AM

Default Sfs

Thanks guys.
So you all have no problems with stubborn fat pockets coming back when going back to maintenance?

I think I track well and it is a matter of days which even when wrong can't get me in a noticeable calorie plus.
Unread 03-21-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks guys.
So you all have no problems with stubborn fat pockets coming back when going back to maintenance?
?

You aren't maintaining if you're gaining.

Quote:
I think I track well and it is a matter of days which even when wrong can't get me in a noticeable calorie plus.
It doesn't make sense, with all due respect. If you're gaining weight "on maintenance" then you're just overestimating your maintenance and actually unintentionally running a surplus. It is as simple as that.
Unread 03-24-2017, 01:11 AM

Thanks Dorich.
As mentioned, I'm not gaining weight. I'm just getting my little pouch back.
Unread 03-24-2017, 03:34 AM

Well, I've experienced this, yes. With acute overeating. Just basically a product of poor partitioning in those instances.

Last edited by squat : 03-24-2017 at 03:36 AM.
Unread 03-29-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Well, I've experienced this, yes. With acute overeating. Just basically a product of poor partitioning in those instances.
Same here. I would venture a guess at higher insulin sensitivity in fat cells at those levels of leanness impacting "undesirable partitioning effects." But that's just a hunch.