BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-19-2016, 07:43 PM

Smile 21M doing RFL; 170lbs; ~22% to 15%BF

Hi Everyone!

I just started Lyle's PSMF today, and I'll be logging my progress as I go.

Background
I'm a 21 year college student, studying Econ. I've always been a bit chubby. Never did sports, just played soccer once a week, so I've never had significant muscle mass. I started lifting (Phrak's GSLP) about two years ago, and have been pretty consistent about it. Got even more serious in the last year. I now have some muscle, but I still look pretty out of shape, and honestly, progress hasn't been as good as I would've hoped. I figure that's partly because I really was starting from zero. So, this summer I'm trying to get down to a reasonable bodyfat level and then start a very slow bulk. Honestly, I just really want to look good when I get back to school. I've never had an actually good-looking body, and I want one! So I'm gonna make that happen. My peak weight was about 185, last winter, I was eating a ton of sugar and it was gross. That was it for me, I knew I had to change things up. Lost about 10 pounds in January and February doing intermittent fasting (down to ~172, and then stayed at that weight, eating almost no sugar, up til now.

Numbers
Weight: ~168lbs, though it's been fluctuating a lot (recently had wisdom teeth out, that made for a weird mini-diet)
Bodyfat %: ~22%; different estimates put me between 18 and 24%
Height: 5'10"

These are my lifts, they're all rough 3 or 4-rep maxes
Bench: 135lb
Squat: 170lb
Deadlift: 215lb
Overhead Press: 85lb

Diet
Protein is set at 170g based on the book's calculations
Brunch/Snack: 2 hard boiled eggs + 4000IU Vitamin D
Lunch: Large chicken breast + veggies + 3g EPA/DHA
Dinner: Large chicken breast + veggies+ 3g EPA/DHA + Probiotics
And I plan to drink lots of water, and have 1 night (friday or saturday) when I drink alcohol.

Exercise
I plan to lift 2-3 times per week, probably doing something very similar to Lyle's recommended workout. Plus, I do a 2 mile, ~40 minute walk home from work most days.

That's about it, looking forward to posting!
Unread 07-20-2016, 10:32 AM

Hey! Wishing you good luck as I've just started RFL as well. Regarding you're little to no sugar intake I think you should read this article http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/...-fat-loss.html. It's by layne Norton and if you know lyle McDonald chances are you'll know layne. In short he concludes that sugar intake isn't a led bad as the clean eating zealots make you believe! In respect to calculated carbs, fats and protein in fat loss of course.