BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 08-21-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Our good ol' Kyle was recommending higher caffeine intake split in doses during diets long before Martin AFAIK.
Stacked with ephedrine yes. And certainly caffeine in general used liberally was recommended. Note I said Martin's "exact protocol". And again, yes, this is nothing revolutionary.

Quote:
Also, Lyle was doing all of this with EOD a decade before him without the fasting bit.
I'm about halfway through the book so far, but I don't think it's an EOD approach now.

Regardless, the real issue people can take him to task for is the CLAIM it's revolutionary. Otherwise, the book is only $10...if he charged $50 for the amount of detail/information in there, then that would be a major issue.

I honestly can't think of a nutritional/exercise book that I've read in a long time that's revolutionary since UD2. And even that built off a previous program. But it was still its own thing compared to the original (from what I understand, I never read the original Ultimate Diet).

One of the better books I've read lately was the Nutrition/Training Pyramid series by Eric Helm and company. Tons of great, well-researched information in there. More detail than I've seen in a long time in a book, other than Lyle's books. But, it was about $60 (well worth it), and it was nothing revolutionary. Then again, they didn't claim it was either.
Unread 08-21-2018, 06:25 AM

^True.
Unread 08-21-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Our good ol' Kyle was recommending higher caffeine intake split in doses during diets long before Martin AFAIK.

Also, Lyle was doing all of this with EOD a decade before him without the fasting bit.

Martin only "invented" not eating for periods of time to lose weight (lol?).

Guy is clearly a genius.
He didn't even revolutionize fasting. Ori Hoffelmiker (sp?) had done it years before Martin in the 90s with the Warrior Diet. Martin just made it bodybuilder friendly and pimping his brand all over the BBing.com boards.
Unread 08-21-2018, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
Stacked with ephedrine yes. And certainly caffeine in general used liberally was recommended. Note I said Martin's "exact protocol". And again, yes, this is nothing revolutionary.

I'm about halfway through the book so far, but I don't think it's an EOD approach now.

Regardless, the real issue people can take him to task for is the CLAIM it's revolutionary. Otherwise, the book is only $10...if he charged $50 for the amount of detail/information in there, then that would be a major issue.
Seriously, stop. Just stop. Stop making excuses. Stop being an apologist. Martin sold crap to people for $1500/month to tell them to skip breakfast and eat a lot of protein. THIS book is being sold as 'a book like none you0've ever read before'. He is selling it based on his name and reputation

And idiot like you just eat it up. If I did this, I'd be crucifed. CRUCIFIED.

You idiot give Martin, mr. I'm going to call Lyle and Alan a Coward, take my ranting down 4 hours later and then cite Lyle all through my book, a pass on all of it

http://bodyrecomposition.com/martinberkhan.pdf

For scamming people during most of his career. For knowing IF was a sham, for saying he just used a combination of psychological manipul;ation to get rich, for writing a garbage book full of NOTHING new but sayign 'well it's just $10'.

This is why I continue to hate this industry and teh people in it.

I wouldn't mind if anybody were consistent. But scumbags like Martin con people for ad ecade, con them now and 'well it's only $10'.

I make a typo in a book and I'm dismissed out of hand

Alwyn plagiarizes me and I'm in the wrong.

Screw you and everybody else defending this garbage. You are WHY this industry is such a craphole: you eat the swill the conmen feed you and are ok with it.

And you all deserve exactly what you get.
Unread 08-21-2018, 09:10 AM
Administrator

One more common and I'm done with this stupidity

You all know as well as I do that LEANGAINS is SYNONYMOUS with IF. I have seen researchers CITE it in studies of such.

Martin biullt his name, his reputation ahd the Leangains brand on it.

And this book what, mentions IF once? That's what I'm told. "Oh you can do 16/8"

For a decade hs pushed Leangains as the magic method. Charged immense amounts of money. For something he admits now was garbage, taht he knew wasn't true.

You know that's crap. He's pushing sales with yet more misleading bs. Because deep down he was just a guru, another conman who had some good information that he sold based on misrepresentation.

Or I guess my women's book should have been recipes.

But only ONE of us would get a pass on it.

Screw all of you.
Unread 08-21-2018, 09:50 AM
Administrator

I lied, I'm not done

Above someone said 'no it's not revolutinoary, that was UD2' or some such

Guys, this didn't have to necessarily be revolutionary. There isn't anything

But it's not even interesting. Or new. Or particularly good by teh sounds of it.

This was supposed to be the final release of his super secret methods.

moderate deficit, high protein, caffeine, fruit on training

That's not a book, that's a pamphlet. And it's not leangains. Or if it is, Leangains was a bigger crock of crap than anybody ever thought.

He owes every private client he had at $1500 a refund.

But that's why this can be 'only $10'.

He got rich conning people already.
Unread 08-21-2018, 11:58 AM

I understand Martin, he went nuts long time ago and conned people just like Poliquin and many (or every?) gurus did before him.

But Alan tho. What a smug.
Unread 08-21-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Above someone said 'no it's not revolutinoary, that was UD2' or some such

Guys, this didn't have to necessarily be revolutionary. There isn't anything
That was me. It doesn't have to be revolutionary, I was pointing out that he's marketed it as such.

I referenced Eric Helms' books, and mentioned those aren't revolutionary, but are excellent books.

I'm also not recommending this book (I haven't even finished it yet), or buying into any of it. I don't regret spending $10 on an e-book out of curiosity. I've probably spent more on books I've never even finished.

I would definitely regret spending $1500 though...

Quote:
I understand Martin, he went nuts long time ago and conned people just like Poliquin and many (or every?) gurus did before him.

But Alan tho. What a smug.
Yeah I'm still curious about that one...he didn't just endorse this, he wrote an entire foreword.
Unread 08-22-2018, 09:22 AM
Administrator

So this just got posted to my FB group. I was saying this at least a decade ago.

Keep defending trash. Because that's all this book is. A conman and scumbag who has now conned you twice. First with IF magic that he knew wasn't an now with a book that isn't even interesting and you are considering the second coming of Christ. His 80 pages of autobiography or whatever must have been really good for any nonnewb to think this is even remotely novel, intersting or cutting edge.

There is a chapter called The Magic Bullet. In it Martin is explicit that there is nothing special about IF. It was a "hack" that helped him with adherence, but it will not necessarily work for all. HE concludes saying that there are two elements to the "perfect diet" (1) high protein which is the only scientifically supported hack and (2) whatever is needed for adherence.
Unread 08-22-2018, 11:21 AM
Administrator

This was his sales copy

""People are often told that there are no secrets left. That statement was wrong a decade ago when Martin Berkhan introduced intermittent fasting and made breakfast skipping a thing.""

High secret: high protein + resistance training + adherence

Screw Martin, screw this book, screw anybody who can't see through this con. You deserve everything you get.
Closed Thread